Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Solo Spring Bear Hunt

Re: 2016 Solo Spring Bear Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Yup..bone is beef cow....great photos...correct on the math..should be a brute bear that made that.yes that envious 7 foot black bear..
    Steven
    Jesus Steve maybe hes just a Little bear with Big FEET ! People are like that too you know ! LOL. RJ

Kush..well done.that spot has had lots bears pulled out of there ..it is everythibg you showed in photos and story.you listened, went and did.there have been and still are lots of bears..colored bears..and big bears..success isnt always a dead animal.you learned lots and for the first time ever being in the area you found the pertinent spots...isnt it a great little camp spot?
    Very glad to meet you and work together. ..
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers and congrats.
    Steven

RJ yes small bears can have big feet too..however small bears with big feet may leave 6 " wide front pads. .yes indeed..but not that deep on that particular road...
    Cheers
    Steven

Good adventure to share, thanks
    Something i think i learned:
    You can determine, by what you do, that you will not see any game; in the end, even if you do everything right, the game determines if you see them.
    Sound about right?
    Sounds right. Remember, we are the foreign bodies in the wilds, and therefore a 'repellent') , you are not alone in feeling like that.
    You made some good choices and its just a matter of time out there before you will be in the right place at the right time.
    Calling bears is tough, it takes a dedicated set-up and lots of time

those gaiters are probably the loudest made........
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

It will not be the last time you have an animal in your scope that walks away, and it is always the right choice to not pull the trigger if not totally confident.

Yep, if the wind is not in your favour there is no way the bears will stick around. They have great sniffers and trust them completely.

well told story and an awesome hunting experience..great job for getting out there on your own

Much as I wanted to see a true 7' bear on the ground, I really enjoyed the story and pics as well. I'd say you did pretty darn good for just starting out and should view that as a success. It was fairly obvious from your pics that you were in a dominant bears territory, but simply ran out of time; bears rarely get big by accident, especially when they set up shop in accessible areas. I'd be right back there next year and applying lessons learned from this trip, as I'm sure he'll be there again.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing, looks like a fun hunt..

Great story! Your hunt sounds like my first hunt. Bear in the crosshairs but couldnt settle down so he walked! You'll get em next time. You've learned a lot this trip and will adjust your tactics for next time.

Great read, looks like you had a really good trip. Good on you for going solo.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost