Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Judge this poop

Re: Judge this poop

Yea I say squatch....or grizz

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN TOP SNIPER View Post
    There is no real way to tell how big or what kind of bear did it . unless you find the track or see the animal that did it .
    I'd have to disagree, at least in part. A pile'o'shit isn't gonna give you a squared measurement, but once you've dumped a few bears and paid attention to shit piles, they can tell you a lot. Case in point, if I'm driving and walking new areas in the heat of the day looking for a spot to hunt the evening, I'm not gonna waste my time in an area with a bunch of dog shit sized piles. On the flip side, if I find a few "Kong" size piles and they look relatively recent, guaranteed I'll be focusing my attention there come evening. There is a stark difference between a 5 footers shit pile and a 6.5 to 7+ footers shit pile, even to a newbies eye...

my 4 year old has huge poops and he is 40 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Lillypuff View Post
    Your son is a bear, that's amazing.......

This is the largest bear I have on cam closest to where mister (or miss) big poop hangs out (about 500M away from where I find the piles year after year) ... starts at 1:28 but I am skeptical this bear is the culprit but who knows... maybe the 5x5 buck did it

Last edited by caddisguy; 05-25-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillypuff View Post
    I was shocked when I saw what my toddlers left behind. Maybe little bears drop beer cans gauge as well.

Sweet looking buck. have any footage/pics of him with polished bone? He definitely would have added some more tine length by Fall

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotMoose View Post
    Sweet looking buck. have any footage/pics of him with polished bone? He definitely would have added some more tine length by Fall
    I never did see that buck again. We pulled the camera mid September after seeing a mushroom picker. I'll put it up again a little deeper sometime in the next month or so.

Im not going to argue the point ., even small black bears eat anything they find . without a track or a eye sighting , i just dont think you can tell me for sure weather it was a black or a grizzly .
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    I'd have to disagree, at least in part. A pile'o'shit isn't gonna give you a squared measurement, but once you've dumped a few bears and paid attention to shit piles, they can tell you a lot. Case in point, if I'm driving and walking new areas in the heat of the day looking for a spot to hunt the evening, I'm not gonna waste my time in an area with a bunch of dog shit sized piles. On the flip side, if I find a few "Kong" size piles and they look relatively recent, guaranteed I'll be focusing my attention there come evening. There is a stark difference between a 5 footers shit pile and a 6.5 to 7+ footers shit pile, even to a newbies eye...
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Obviously not, but you can get a pretty good idea, at least enough to know if it's worth spending some time and effort hunting the spot.