Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Re: Once again. slaughter in no shooting zones.

Let me see if I can weigh in on this discussion and keep my temper.

There are a couple of things that should be cleared up.

First not every Indian is out there slaughtering does and trespassing. I am working with the Xeni Gwet’in rangers and a council member with the CO service to stop this.

You can't really bitch unless you are willing to help out.

Xeni has written a wildlife law and I am going Monday to their information meeting and supper to help support there law it is a good one. That being said I am hoping to get some eye to eye discussion going in regards to my business.

Mike, FYI Jimmy himself has asked for no more meetings with any of the tenure holders until high level government is in the room.

As far as the Tahltan buying up guide areas, I talked to Chad a month ago and he confirmed they have a long term strategy to own every guide area in their region. The difference with them is they have a longterm plan. He said "every outfitter over the next 20 to 30 years will want to sell out as they retire and we will have first refusal to buy their business at fair market value."
    That to me is a great plan and longterm thinking.

That is about all I know right now. Two different issues, senseless slaughter and loosing my ability to do business..

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    The blame lies with the policies of our government, not the first Nations. Nothing will change until that does and we all see how hard the pendulum is swinging right now. Best of luck seeing any meaningful change anytime soon.
    Thats not true....the Gov is the enabler due to Courts decisions and precedents already set....the blame lies squarely on those that exploit it and those within who fail to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    Let me see if I can weigh in on this discussion and keep my temper.

There are a couple of things that should be cleared up.

Mike, FYI Jimmy himself has asked for no more meetings with any of the tenure holders until high level government is in the room.

As far as the Tahltan buying up guide areas, I talked to Chad a month ago and he confirmed they have a long term strategy to own every guide area in their region. The difference with them is they have a longterm plan. He said "every outfitter over the next 20 to 30 years will want to sell out as they retire and we will have first refusal to buy their business at fair market value."
    That to me is a great plan and longterm thinking.

That is about all I know right now. Two different issues, senseless slaughter and loosing my ability to do business..
    You aren’t the only one pissed about this BS.

I can see why Jimmy would no longer want to meet with tenure holders at this time without high level government in the room....that’s who threw both of you under the bus.

As for your talk with Chad...wonderful!
    Some of us sat in on writing that plan....and they only have “right of first refusal” IF an offer to purchase comes from a potential purchaser who is not an already existing partner or family member.

Eight outfitters operate under that agreement.....one of those owned by the Iskut Band and a couple others are owned by members of the Tahltan community.
    The guide territory that Dave mentioned is NOT under that agreement.

Theres a lot of BS that gets peddled and it sure as hell isnt helping anyone.
    Last edited by bearvalley; 10-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madshawn View Post
    I wonder if next time anyone sees something like this they bring it up to the chiefs of that first Nations band. Get a response and go public with it. I am really interested to see what the hereditary chiefs have to say about their band members doing things like that. Probably nothing will come out of it but they have a system of government within the band and perhaps pressure on the top could change things?
    Release the video to the media. If it goes on Global, there might be a tiny chance that the COs and band involved are shamed into taking some sort of action. At the very least, it might show the bleeding hearts that re-elected the current bleeding hearts that things are not what they seem...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Been hunting for over 40 years I've been hunting for over 40 years and although I've run into Natives hunting, it hasn't been very often. Perhaps that's because the Natives aren't confined to the dates you and I are and get most of their hunting in prior to the season or after when the snow pushes the game into certain areas. Would you hunt when everyone one else is if you could go before or after? Just a thought Have actually never run into a First Nations person that was hunting. Certainly run into a number of non native poachers over the years and reported them alto Never run into this, but obviously it happens . Seems to me some on here are looking for scape goats for declining wildlife populations.This statement is completely off side. Looking for a scapegoat? I call it looking for information. That's all I want. To see what exactly they are doing in the bush. You will never convince me that banging the table to get that information is scapegoating or racist. In my world, it's called transparency. Which is clearly warranted given the fact the FN are provided "privileged status" in their access to wildlife, which if abused, is a burden only felt by non-FN. It's that hypocrisy that needs to be fixed. First , get off the roads and out of your trucks and you will find game That's not fair and actually quite disingenuous. We've seen reductions in LEH and in access due to complaints by FN. Those are real and tangible....not a "get out of your truck, (it's your fault) and find game". Are you speaking on behalf of the Indian? Secondly govt has put zero resources into wildlife for decades, while habitat , predators , industry wreak havoc on our wildlife Exactly.
    Not a fan of anyone who abuses our wildlife, however some of the comments on here are , frankly not worthy of rebuttal when it comes to racis, This is fundamentally a racist problem. The dividing lines are institutionally formatted around race. A number of people both First Nations and others are working together for the benefit of wildlife. Look at region six, KIB in Kamloops amongst others Why don't you post some stuff up about these initiatives. You seem to have some type of personal experience with them. I'd be curious to see them. Bitch and moan from inside your truck all you want, your only spinning your wheels, work with like minded people to get proper funding for wildlife ( not more studies to feed bureaucrats egos) and then differences will be made ( ie predator control/ caribou). Time to move on from race based blame on all sides The only way that will happen is by making the entire process of allotting wildlife transparent.
    .................................................. ....................
    Last edited by 180grainer; 10-26-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Just bumping this shite to the top..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oydj5H9C-no

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th

Collectivism is Slavery

Jan 13th