Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: R100 In Kelowna

Re: R100 In Kelowna

That's disappointing news....I've always heard about the amazing prizes given away at the shoots. Too bad
    Last edited by ThinAir; 07-04-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..." Jose Ortega y Gasset

There was talk floating around at the 3D Provincials in Salmon Arm last weekend, that the Heartland Ranch owners were giving the organizers some trouble....something about wanting profit sharing or some such stuff....and that the venue might change to another spot in Kelowna??? Has anyone heard anything about this?
    In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.

Margaret Thatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Got an email from Ken at Hardcore Archery, he wanted me to pass on the following. This was sent to me last Thursday so it may be a bit off.
    Rinehart is now not going to give away any draw prizes now after the shoot because he does not want to have to pay the taxes and duty on them

I thought prizes and gifts were tax exempt ?

the exchange rate on the $$ is not helping either.

The dollar has been at par for 3 years now. its not like it just happend.
    i'd rather my sister was a hooker than shoot a mathews

Quote Originally Posted by sammy99 View Post
    There was talk floating around at the 3D Provincials in Salmon Arm last weekend, that the Heartland Ranch owners were giving the organizers some trouble....something about wanting profit sharing or some such stuff....and that the venue might change to another spot in Kelowna??? Has anyone heard anything about this?
    I havent heard anything to that effect Sam ... but wouldnt surprise me any ....

as far as Prizes and such goes .... I could care less .... 40 bucks to shoot 100 targets is a good deal no matter espcially when you factor 14 and under are free (normally 9 and under) what when you consider provincials and Nationals are 100 bucks for 80 targets.

I will also believe it when I see it
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

If there's no prizes, then there will be no novelty shoots either. That's BS

i wonder if they will refund me my money as the shoot isnt as advertised? They must have known about the border issues, they ship targets up here, maybe it was just not said til last minute so it wouldnt scare people off in the early stages? sounds like a load of crap

this is Rineharts second time to come north ... First time was 5 or 6 years ago in Ontario after having the trucks stripped down going in both directions at the border they stated they would never come back to Canada ..... and really ... who can blame them?

I was skeptical about this weekend when it was first posted about 2 or 3 years ago .... I for one am over the moon happy that this weekend is happening ... Swag or not ... I am looking forward to the shoot
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 07-04-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    this is Rineharts second time to come north ... First time was 5 or 6 years ago in Ontario after having the trucks stripped down going in both directions at the border they stated they would never come back to Canada ..... and really ... who can blame them?

I was skeptical about this weekend when it was first posted about 2 or 3 years ago .... I for one am over the moon happy that this weekend is happening ... Swag or not ... I am looking forward to the shoot
    X2!!!

I am not sure why anyone would be that upset. This is a once and a lifetime event in Canada. We will never see them make the trip up to Canada again with all the issues they have at the border.

I have never went to any shoot anywhere because of the prizes. I go to shoot and to possibly compete for high score. The prizes would just be a bonus anyway.

This is an extraordinary event that Ken has worked his ass off to get in Kelowna. I am happy to have it here and going to have a great time.
    Success = Marry the right person, this single decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

I am trying to figure out just why the problems at the Border. This is an entertainment event and tons of entertainment shows cross our border, do they all have this issue ?
    Reinhart ships targets to Canada all the time, Doesn't make sense.
    Daughter in Law and Grandson are sure looking forward to it. Pack lots of water folks and hope there are water stations on the course, supposed to be in the mid 30's I heard.
    Mike
    Last edited by oldtimer; 07-04-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I am trying to figure out just why the problems at the Border. This is an entertainment event and tons of entertainment shows cross our border, do they all have this issue ?
    Reinhart ships targets to Canada all the time, Doesn't make sense.
    Daughter in Law and Grandson are sure looking forward to it. Pack lots of water folks and hope there are water stations on the course, supposed to be in the mid 30's I heard.
    Mike
    Neck coolies ..... are a definate must....

rumour has it around the fire that last time they didnt do their due dilligence prior to hitting the border .... lack of crossing expiriance .... i wouldnt think they would have the same issue today ....but who knows ....
    I am close to some players on sports teams that cross the border alot ... and they have to have their stuff submitted ahead of time to prevent major delays at the crossings .... That and I suspect with the relitiely new rules (ie: Passports/Nexus cards etc...required) some of the staff dont have the paperwork or didnt prior to the event being announced

i dont know what the dollar has to do with anything as they charged me 40 USD (41.07 CDN) other than the price of fuel for their trucks
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 07-04-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    A true Archery Nut