Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    Have been running my own business, Steering Solutions for the last 20+ years. Having my own shop make it easy to work on all my Toys.
    Hey! I know you! My Dodge drives straight and turns when I ask it to thanks to your fine work!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I started life in the ski industry doing lift maintenance and snow cat operations (grooming) in the winter and carpentry in summers. Then ran a crane company, with back country cats in the winter, some stunt and movie work, then general contractor for 20 years with back country cats for “fun”. Now I restore and build custom vintage Airstream trailers. My retirement job came early...
    Last edited by Redthies; 04-16-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Fishing guide to pay for college now commercial pilot on the dash 8, unemployed by the airlines. But farm work, and ski coaching to keep the bank account for draining until the aviation industry picks up.
    "You have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." -Remi Warren

BCWF, WSSBC

Today I'm a fur tanner. Tanning my first marten hide. Tried my hand at making a living trapping this last winter. From what I can tell so far is neither pay very good so it ensures my reliability as a equipment operator but that don't pay very good either.

Director of Sales for a company that provides Real Time Locating Systems into the hospital market in the US and Canada. Protecting patients of all ages and also staff in the case of a panic/duress situation.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Currently I’m a BC Coast Pilot (ships pilot) love my job, but I’m kind of a goofy bugger I like to work, been a Pilot for 7 years,

Ive worked on the water my whole life and can’t imagine working elsewhere, I started as a Commercial Fisherman and thanks to Bogman (Eddy) he gave me my first opportunity as Captain and I’ve never looked back, from there I went Tow boating and thanks to Dutch (Mike) for pointing me in the right direction I became a pilot.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Water & Wastewater Treatment Operator. Or, for short, Poopsmith.

Im a Chef downtown Vancouver, Wildebeest and Nightingale being the major highlights and just about to wrap up my time at Pepinos Spaghetti House, the Old Nicks Spaghetti house 1955-2017 on commercial drive.

Now to relax a little and moving to Gulf islands

Well this shows an incredibly vast array of experience
    we should all get together and form our own country
    take BC and Alberta out of Trudeau’s financial experiment.
    we got oil, gas , water, forest, and an ocean side.
    what we waiting for ??

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Had lots of jobs over the years, some construction work and auto detailing for a while when I was young.

Got into automotive repair just out of highschool, got my red seal ticket as automatic trans mechanic, did some general auto repairs. Customers are never happy when their car quits which got to me. Didn't help with greedy shop owners home running the customer on every job. Got out of automotive

Now I work for the navy, civillian, still a mechanic, mostly maintaining the Vic class submarines and sometimes coastal Patrol Frigates as needed.