Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Taking large bucks!

Re: Taking large bucks!

That's a nice one FD... Take him with the Sako

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Pissed heavy rain all morning, I was soaked right through. He had to move mid day for a bite to eat and a drink, no doubt, after being holed up all morning.

Mount turned out pretty good, and the freezer filled up too!

Wicked nice buck... ya I've nailed one before during heavy rains, right as soon as it stops pouring is a great time to get out..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    That's a nice one FD... Take him with the Sako
    No, got that one with the Husky - another fine Euro-gun!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

You have to have a Legal, Valid Deer tag in November to kill a huge Buck! The meat hunters will shoot a decent 4 point Buck, but you have to pass on him, and that's real hard to do! You have to pass on Bucks you swear are going to make Book, but after glassing them for a good 5 or 10 minutes, there not! You have to pass on Bucks that will keep you awake at night, your positive that one was Book, but it wasn't!!! Then, late in the season, blowing snow and 25 below zero, your in a blizzard and 4 long miles back to the quad, and there it is!!! He's standing in the first glimpse of daylight, does all around him, and he doesn't care at all about you! Take aim, Bingo, he's down, and when you walk up to him you'll have to yell at the does to get them to leave him, and there's your Massive Mule Deer Buck! Hell, anyone can do that, Eh!!! Good Luck out There!

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    You have to have a Legal, Valid Deer tag in November to kill a huge Buck!

First of all, you need a valid mule deer buck season in November.

Those are slowly disappearing, not because they affect mule deer numbers, but because a certain vocal minority of hunters has successfully lobbied to shut seasons down.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

First of all, you need a valid mule deer buck season in November.

Those are slowly disappearing, not because they affect mule deer numbers, but because a certain vocal minority of hunters has successfully lobbied to shut seasons down.
    ??? I didn't hear about this??? Where has the 4 point season been closed?

??? I didn't hear about this??? Where has the 4 point season been closed?
    Used to be any buck until Nov 30th. Now we have to fend off people who think we should lose the 4 pt/10th closure.

Trust me, there are special interest groups that sit at the regulations table that want nothing more than to close YOUR season so that THEY get more. Just look at the group on here that says we shouldn't have a rifle hunt during the rut...

Used to be any buck until Nov 30th. Now we have to fend off people who think we should lose the 4 pt/10th closure.
    Just look at the group on here that says we shouldn't have a rifle hunt during the rut...
    People on this site don't want a Rifle Season during the Rut??? Are they MAD??? Any names come to mind off the top of your head there FD? I know that I for one would just love to have a "Gentlemen s Debate" on the subject of Not Allowing a Rifle Season during the Rut!!! Dear God Man, my mind's making up new swear words just hearing about this!!! Let me At'em!!! How in hell do they expect me to get into the B.C. Record Book before I die if I can't hunt during the Rut??? How??? You guys tell me!!! Blood pressures way up, veins in my face are pop'in out, slobber all over my key board, and now everyone in this lineup at my bank are staring at me scream'in at my lap top!!! Can someone phone 911!!! And quickly Please!!! Get me some names, Please!

People on this site don't want a Rifle Season during the Rut??? Are they MAD??? Any names come to mind off the top of your head there FD? I know that I for one would just love to have a "Gentlemen s Debate" on the subject of Not Allowing a Rifle Season during the Rut!!! Dear God Man, my mind's making up new swear words just hearing about this!!! Let me At'em!!! How in hell do they expect me to get into the B.C. Record Book before I die if I can't hunt during the Rut??? How??? You guys tell me!!! Blood pressures way up, veins in my face are pop'in out, slobber all over my key board, and now everyone in this lineup at my bank are staring at me scream'in at my lap top!!! Can someone phone 911!!! And quickly Please!!! Get me some names, Please!
    You just have to be at the right place at the right time.Does not have to be during the rut.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    You just have to be at the right place at the right time.Does not have to be during the rut.
    And a rough idea of the "Right Place" and the "Right Time" would be??? But your right, to a extent, I've seen gagger's at different times of the year most defiantly, But! I've seen more gagger's during the Rut! And, if anyone try's to stop the Rifle Rut Hunt up here, I will burn cross's on there lawn, I will put dog poo in there mail box, and believe me do, I will put them on my ever growing "Ignore List"!!!