Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter or Pocher ?

Hunter or Pocher ?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/new...-1-.htm#247011
    Nice to see a decent fine from the Crown
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunter or Pocher ?

Justice Monica McParland fined Vasile $1,500 and he must also make an $8,500 payment to the Habitat Conservation Trust Fund. He is also banned from hunting in B.C. for three years and had to forfeit his firearm.

Hmm ! Maybe NOT enough ! Banned for 5 years should be the Minimal Sentence ! He NEW what he was doing was WRONG ! Just a COCKROACH ! jmo RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 01-18-2019 at 03:23 PM.

That's brutal. Glad he was caught. He should in the very least have dispatched the moose so it wasnt suffering. What a waste of perfectly good meat.

He should have lost his truck too - everything for the commission of the offence. When he realized he did something wrong he headed home like nothing happened.
    Watching the news report there's lots of pictures of him hunting, and successful too so there's no excuse to shoot a bull like that with only 2 point bulls open.
    I bet his buddy told him to turn himself in or he would!!

He is a poacher and should have received a heftier fine, plus a 10 year ban from hunting. After those 10 years he should have to redo the CORE program.

Why the question hunter or poacher? of course he is a poacher

Seems to me he is a licensed hunter who broke the law. A convicted hunter.A hunter with a friend with better morals. Having said that i am pretty sure that a lot of people that make a mistake ,shovel and shut up rather than turn themselves in.

I had something similar happen to me last season. Me and a good friend of mine were wolf and cougar hunting on the island. We came across a fresh set of cougar tracks in the snow and started following them. All of a sudden a wolf broke ground in front of us about 50 yards and bolted down over the hill. As I started walking towards the top of the hill another animal from the same area took off in the same direction as the wolf very quickly. I was unable to see what it was so I didn’t take a shot but I did ready a shot in my 12 gauge. When I came up over the hill I could see the wolf tracks and they were followed by another set of tracks that were very similar but not the same so I followed him all the way down to the river and I could hear something moving around but could not see it. As I walked closer to the river I had a feeling something was following me and turned around just in time to see a beautiful bluetick hound with a GPS collar coming up behind me. Turns out he had been on the tracks of the same cougar and wolf that we were on. We let him have a quick sniff and gave him a quick pet and then sent him on his way to continue doing his job. (Would of loved to take him home). Later on down the road we ran into the owner of the dog and told him about what happened. He was very thankful that we were careful hunters. Just goes to show you have to really watch what’s out there. Whenever I take my Rotty into the bush I always put a high viz vest on him. Never know when someone might think it’s a bear and shoot it. We have had some really bad incidents of poaching on the island recently. Just a couple weeks ago I found an elk carcass with the rack cut off and nothing else had been touched. I’ve never understood why you would kill and elk and just take the rack they’re not even worth a lot of money and if you’re going to poach it why not take the meat ???

Quote Originally Posted by grunion View Post
    Why the question hunter or poacher? of course he is a poacher
    He is a looser

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    He is a looser
    Your Very NICE ! only a looser ? Come on ! RJ