Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snow level near barkervile

snow level near barkervile

Anyone been out for bears up near hear yet whats the snow like im thinking about going out next weekend.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: snow level near barkervile

Yea good luck with that. There is tonnes of snow as far as I'm aware and it isn't exactly warm yet ^^ that far north I don't even think I'd consider it until mid May, even alot of areas around Kelowna still are covered in snow !

that what i was thinking we went out to 5 13 few days ago pretty clear and dry but a little ways back its still snow.

There was a more than normal amount of snow in that region this past winter and probably more coming down as I type this. The only way bears will come out early is if they did not get enough nourishment to carry them over the winter. I would expect that snow linger there well into May even if there is a significant increase in temperature which could result in high water taking our roads. You would not want to get trapped on a deadend road.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hmm not going to do the Barkerville area very soon..Cunningham pass hasnt slid yet..too cold..it will..passage past Maeford..June..from the north earlier..but try lower down in elevation.years like last get 30 Feet or more of snow..its tried snowing in past couple weeks in Willies Puddle.
    Srupp

I snowmobiled from Barkerville on Thursday, about 3ft on the level, the 3100rd is ploughed but you cannot get off of it for the amount of the snow. Will be 5-6 weeks before the ground is clear at best.

xpeier

Hmmm 3100..Cunningham pass rd..any idea why its plowed ? Look like logging ? Mining?
    It still will slide atapprox 400 yards past Maeford lake ..yet to happen until warmer..
    Whats the scoop for moose on the loose..
    Enquiring minds wsnt to know..lol
    Steven

gonna wonder out there tomorrow die-ing to play on my new atv lol may try dunkley haven't fully decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by b.c hunter 88 View Post
    gonna wonder out there tomorrow die-ing to play on my new atv lol may try dunkley haven't fully decided yet.
    Some of the main roads are clear and good to go if you just want to rip your new quad around.
    blackwater is clear the whole way

Hmmm hot tub technician doing hot tub service was up over Yanks Peak on the weekend 8 feet still there in Cariboo mts.
    Supposed to start warming up by weekend...ya sure..
    Srupp