Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gear failures

Re: Gear failures

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Last case of Remington .223 ammo had 6 out of 1000 rounds with sideways or backwards primers!

Factory ammo is for the weak!

(Been waiting 10 years to say that to you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Factory ammo is for the weak!

(Been waiting 10 years to say that to you!)
    Well yeah I agree of course. Almost all my personal ammo is still handloaded of course, but guests go through a few thousand rounds a week at the range so that mostly gets store bought ammo. Also wouldn't want the liability if something went wrong with one of my handloads.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 07-29-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

My pardner' was hunting many moons ago and noticed a set of moose antlers sticking up out of the not so tall grass, so wandered over to take a look. Turned out to be a bull moose sleeping. He lifted his trusted .303 jungle carbine and put one into his head. This awoke the moose and he got up and hi-tailed it outta there. My bud could not chamber another round as his now not so trusted gun had jammed. Never saw that moose again ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had a dollar for every women in my life that found me unattractive......they would probably find me attractive now .

Nothing will put a damper on your hunt quicker than wheel bearings on your trailer going

Im surprised no one has spoken up about a leaky kuiu tent yet.

I busted through a shit ticket once on the mountain, yeah that was a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I was hunting in a West coast monsoon one day when I spotted a monster Blactail out the driver's side of the truck. Wouldn't you know it, what a crappy time to have the power window quit working with it only cracked three inches at the top. Not enough room to get the gun out so I had to let it walk. I still see that deer when I close my eyes to go to bed every night.

From there on out it has only been manual windows for this guy.
    Lol I thought this was a crack at fisher dude, isn't he the resident road hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Had a squib last year, with federal "premium" ammo. Went pop, but the massive blacktail went down. Walked up to him and he jumped to his feet, without a mark on him and raced off. 2 hours following his tracks, never found a bit of blood, hair, or anything. He crossed the road about 6' from my partner who said he looked to be a mint condition deer. Best I can figure is the bullet was already tumbling and gave him a thump, but didn't poke a hole in him.
    That isn't really a squib if it left the barrel. Describe "pop" as in primer pop or the round actually went of ? Even a tumbling full speed round will penetrate, on what axis is anyone guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I was hunting in a West coast monsoon one day when I spotted a monster Blactail out the driver's side of the truck. Wouldn't you know it, what a crappy time to have the power window quit working with it only cracked three inches at the top. Not enough room to get the gun out so I had to let it walk. I still see that deer when I close my eyes to go to bed every night.

From there on out it has only been manual windows for this guy.
    \if you're hunting from the front seat of your truck you deserve bad luck when your out driving (you call it hunting). Seriously, you couldnt get out of your vehicle?!?!?