Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Re-Sole southern Vancouver Island

Boot Re-Sole southern Vancouver Island

Morning all,

My Hanwag Alaskans are due for new soles. I live in Duncan and there is a local cobbler. But curious if anyone has a recommendation on other mid- lower Island cobblers that they have used?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boot Re-Sole southern Vancouver Island

I had a set of scarpa inverno hard shells that a guy in Courtenay resoled. His name was Griff. He did a good job and was recommended to me by my coworkers. I can't recall if he was still there last time I went thru.

viberg in victoria

For what it's worth if you make it to the lml Gold Star boot rebuilders on Dunbar and 17th? in Van did a good job on a pair of Meindles for me after a porcupine ate his last leather supper a couple years ago lol.
    HH

[QUOTE=Sharpish;1802959]viberg in victoria[/QUOTE I just called Viberg. Rep told me they will only work on products they sell. So no to Hanwags. And my local cobbler had a look and told me boots with soles like this cannot be re soled?

That's very possible. I think they grind down the old sole to nail and glue a new one on. Has to be strong enough bottom to hold nails. At least that's as far as I understand. A hard vibram sole for example would be able to get resoled.

[QUOTE=Ron.C;1802998]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    viberg in victoria[/QUOTE I just called Viberg. Rep told me they will only work on products they sell. So no to Hanwags. And my local cobbler had a look and told me boots with soles like this cannot be re soled?
    That's what the guy in Courtenay told me with my Meindls, said it was because of the midsole design. I asked around and got the same info however about 6 months after throwing out the boots I was told they could be repaired if shipped to Vancouver I think to a place that did the work for Meindl. I would ask where you bought them and see if they could ask Hanwag. Wouldn't expect it to be on the lower Island though.

I have posted extensively on bush and mountain boots here and I must have all of my footwear customized with a 1.25" orthopaedic lift on my right one. I have had this done by a number of people since 1969 and have worn dozens of highend mountain boots since my first Pierre Paris boots in 1961.

My choice of boot repair folks is Robert Sarkasian, of "Royal Shoe Renew" in the "City Square Mall" in Vancouver, google his number. He has built up several pairs of Scarpa, Galibier, Raichle, La Sportive and just did my new Hanwag Yukons, last month, with excellent results.

He CAN replace the soles on your Hanwags, with good Italian Vibram soles and his work is outstanding.

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

Try Olde Town Shoe Repair on Johnson St

I bought a pair of Hanwags from Viberg in Victoria a few years ago, maybe they don't sell them anymore.