Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Nine Outfitters new owner

Re: Big Nine Outfitters new owner

Barry was an interesting person. Interesting people usually have some strange behaviours that rub some people the wrong way. He was once VERY aggressive to my group (a long time ago), but then came to our group a few days later and sudo appologized. He was running a fine operation that made and kept his area as the serengheti of the north. I have much respect for the man... even though I would keep my face towards him as I walked away...
    WSSBC Life Member

Met Barry around 1990 when he was a apprentice guide riding a group of US dudes up a big ridge elk hunting a long ways from a road he was very cordial then and then again when I talked with after he got big nine

Funny how all those outfitters are bad guys!

^^^^funny or coincidence that the same names keep coming up in stories about asshole outfitters?

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    ^^^^funny or coincidence that the same names keep coming up in stories about asshole outfitters?
    Some guys are just natural born assholes!
    Some get the reputation without warrant.

How have game population numbers faired in this area in comparison say to the muskwa or other norther areas? A lot of other areas have seen large declines. I know preds have been a concern but Barry I believe did a lot of pred and habitat work so wondering how this area compared to other regions and if there has been a noticeable change since the change in ownership? It used to be very abundant, mind you I have not been in there in a number of years now.
    "It's not a sport, it's a way of life. Enjoy every moment and every moment is a reward. Taking an animal is the objective but pleasure is found in the entire experience." - J_T

Buy low sell high rape and repeat

Yeh, hopefully that sorry, jealous, old, sumbeotch of a man, Barry Tompkins, has stopped or is too old or dead by now.

Hmm seem someone joined out of jealousy..

Seems like you came here to shit talk one guy.

Walks with deer, I dont need to be jealous of anyone because I EAT jealous hunters of your kind. Look in the mirror and speak for yourself.