Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Thank You Chilko !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by chilko View Post
    Gentleman in his mid sixties accidently shot himself and died. Don't know details . Should come out in the news eventually unless they decide to lump it into covid stats.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

First thing I learned about guns is to never point the muzzle at something you don't intend to shoot,then check to see if it is loaded.
    Some people are just plain stupid!
    Maybe he didn't like himself.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    it takes this kind of stupidest that might had killed someone ,,why did this man working behind the counter have a loaded handgun ?? just plain stupid..

VERY stupid people involved there - neither one Displayed any safe gun handling as neither one checked the handgun to see if i was loaded ! One was a COP but i`ve i have meet more than a few DUMB ones of them ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    First thing I learned about guns is to never point the muzzle at something you don't intend to shoot,then check to see if it is loaded.
    Some people are just plain stupid!
    Maybe he didn't like himself.
    Super unfortunate accident sad for his family
    Last edited by Dougielightning; 12-20-2020 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Posters a moron and I said some mean things

A minor reason why most of my time in the field is during archery only seasons, full camo, painted face, tree stands! I love firearms, shooting them and hunting with them but honestly I am much more vigilant and hyper-aware during rifle season. Bowhunting is way more relaxed!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    A minor reason why most of my time in the field is during archery only seasons, full camo, painted face, tree stands! I love firearms, shooting them and hunting with them but honestly I am much more vigilant and hyper-aware during rifle season. Bowhunting is way more relaxed!
    Don’t kid yourself. Bows can kill you just as dead, just as fast (give or take a few thousands of a second). It’s great that you FEEL safer, but you’re not.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

almost been shot by a shitty hack crossbowbhunter in the ek.. he looked like noggin in a gilie suite

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post

Hunters who wear hunter orange are seven times less likely to be shot!
    https://www.oldschoolsportsnny.com/p...ge-saves-lives

A colleague told me that he was shot at more than one time but luckily missed while hunting. He wore only camo.

While deer hunting in Ohio 3 weeks ago father accidentally killed his son who wasn’t wearing hunter orange.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...king-deer.html
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Arrow Re: Hunter shot west of Spences Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Don’t kid yourself. Bows can kill you just as dead, just as fast (give or take a few thousands of a second). It’s great that you FEEL safer, but you’re not.
    Actually, he is one hell of a lot safer, for several reasons.
    There are generally an exponentially less number of hunters who participate (been in the late archery season for 2 decades, and have met 2 other bow hunters).
    Bows have an extremely limited range compared to any rifle.
    Most dedicated bow hunters are extremely conscious about where and what they are shooting at.

I'm with the Hermit on this one.
    Always a hell of a lot safer when the LML Wannabee's ain't out there.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Over 2 weeks & no official news/update/local area news about the shot hunter. What gives?

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein