Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: FWID expires

Re: FWID expires

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Those are this years not next years! K
    Yes, that would make sense as this is still 2018 after all.

I just saw mine will expire July 2019. So I put in for LEH, potentially get it, then when hunting in the fall I am not legal if I have not checked this??!?!?! Anyone else feel that the government is trying to F*CK over resident hunters with this garbage!

My pops is not of the generation of computer literacy, and I think this is exclusionary and an attempt to lower resident hunter numbers to allocate to outfitters, etc. In no way should this expire, just as your hunter number never expired.

Absolute BULLSHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJB View Post
    I just saw mine will expire July 2019. So I put in for LEH, potentially get it, then when hunting in the fall I am not legal if I have not checked this??!?!?! Anyone else feel that the government is trying to F*CK over resident hunters with this garbage!

My pops is not of the generation of computer literacy, and I think this is exclusionary and an attempt to lower resident hunter numbers to allocate to outfitters, etc. In no way should this expire, just as your hunter number never expired.

Absolute BULLSHIT!
    My father would never think to check this either so I'm gonna have to do it for him asap.

Why the hell don't they mail out a letter for this? If they can do a paper hunting harvest survey you'd think they'd slip a note about this into the same envelope at least?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJB View Post

Absolute BULLSHIT!
    Yes, I had to help my dad out as well getting him "updated".
    That website even for me was a real pain in the ass even for me.
    He would have never of known, and by the time hunting rolled around, would have realized he is shit out of luck.

Please let everyone you know who hunts be made aware of this "Expiry" !.
    Offer them help if they require it folks.
    Last thing I want to see is the government, especially this one, reducing are actual hunter #'s due to
    "technicalities"!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    My father would never think to check this either so I'm gonna have to do it for him asap.

Why the hell don't they mail out a letter for this? If they can do a paper hunting harvest survey you'd think they'd slip a note about this into the same envelope at least?!?
    I got a letter with my harvest survey advising to check FWID for residency credentials expiry.

I was tpld I dont need this # to buy my liscence and tags at a vender,,anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    I got a letter with my harvest survey advising to check FWID for residency credentials expiry.
    My brother got it with the harvest survey as well. It seems they mailed it out with the harvest survey, but the survey only goes to a portion of hunters.

None of my wife, dad, brother, father-in-law, brother-in-law, or I was notified, and we were all set to expire on January 1st. It was only through various grapevines that I went to check on December 31st. I don't know how the in-laws made out. Most of their licencing takes place through a vendor as even my bro-in-law is pretty bad with computers. Not cool government, not cool.

I got the letter with my survey as well. My buddy threw his survey envelope out and was bitching about how he wasn't notified.
    I went to Service Canada and it was done in 5 min.