Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 8 Mule deer

Region 8 Mule deer

I spent the holidays at my cabin in region 8 near Princeton .It was encouraging to see the numbers of wintering deer on the south facing slopes .The same hill sides were void of sign in years gone by.Good to see!
    I spend a lot of time scouting from July to mid November ,that is 3 or 4 days a week in the bush.
    I saw a lot more mature and immature bucks this year than any other in recent memory.Far less wolf sign too. Fingers crossed it stays that way .

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 8 Mule deer

I’m new to region 8 but i do see a large amount of fawns and does which I’ve been told is a good sign from the more seasoned generation. There has to be growth and replenishing

Good to hear....I'm seeing ok mule deer pops where I am, though im concerned with the talk of wolf sightings in my area...I covered a lot of ground today, and they have definitely been pushed down lower due to accumulating snow up high...we just really need development on winter range to slow down..

I’ve noticed the same with the white tail around that area, strong numbers. I didn’t spend a tonne of time chasing Mulies so I saw less this year than usual but I see no reason why they wouldn’t be capitalizing as well.. let’s hope for lots and lots of healthy twins this spring.

That's GREAT News Gary - Now your gonna have Hunters all over your Spot ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    You saying we have a few gut pile hunters on line
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    There already is. You need street lights on the logging roads on the weekends.Most guys are glued to a seat and the game are getting smarter so they stick to the timber and xmas trees .
    Just nice to see some recovery .

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    There already is. You need street lights on the logging roads on the weekends.Most guys are glued to a seat and the game are getting smarter so they stick to the timber and xmas trees .
    Just nice to see some recovery .
    Yea you Bet Buddy - RJ

Last summer and fall we noticed way more deer in general and bucks in particular in 8, Son around princeton where he lives and us around our Tulameen "cabin." This winter noticing good numbers so let's hope it a good omen for the 2020 season.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Good to hear....I'm seeing ok mule deer pops where I am, though im concerned with the talk of wolf sightings in my area...I covered a lot of ground today, and they have definitely been pushed down lower due to accumulating snow up high...we just really need development on winter range to slow down..
    You’d be surprised at the number of deer that don’t spend their time on traditional winter range. Was flying for mulies recently and the amount of deer still up at tree line was considerably higher than low-mid elevation.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."