Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: FWID expires

Re: FWID expires

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I lost my drivers license. Sell me a moose tag, NOW!
    If they've got your BCDL# on record, you can lose it/have it stolen/etc....and they will still know if your license is valid. (You can also choose one of the other options such as providing your BC Services card #).
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea to have to show residency. This just seems like a rather strange and ineffective way of doing so. I just don't understand the "send a picture" idea. Why not have us just provide a number of the required document?

And really.....as if I'm ever sucessful in drawing a moose tag...

All the anxiety I had before and durning, watching my wife update my profile, Its done, man i was sweating that one.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    Absolutely! I don't even know where to log on, What a bunch of Bullsh@t, My dad is 85 and likes to hunt a bit still,now he has to go through stupid shit like this is ridiculous!

Just type FWID into a search engine and it should be first one that pops up, then click log in on right side, page changes and then log in, and simple
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

see below for info we received today from the Gvt

Good Afternoon:

There have been a few questions around this residency renewal requirement, and Fish and Wildlife have prepared a FAQ for your review below.
    FrontCounter BC and Service BC staff have the ability to update the dates for residency credentials.

• Why is there an expiry? The B.C. resident credential expires every three years to make sure that hunters in B.C. are in fact residents of this province. If a person moves out of the province, we don’t want to allow them to continue hunting as a resident. The three year check allows us to confirm their continues residency in B.C. Three years was selected as a reasonable time frame for this check.

• Clients can proactively renew their residency credential whenever they choose. We have suggested via communication on our web site that they should renew if they notice it will expire within 6 months, however, if they ask to renew earlier than that, they should be able to.
    • The same documents are accepted for residency credential renewals, but they don’t have to prove having been in B.C for the past 6 months – the fact that they already have a credential means that they’ve already proven they are a resident, and as long as they have B.C. identification to support that they continue to be a resident, this is sufficient.
    • A client has to have a valid B.C. residency credential to apply for LEH.
      • If their residency credential expires between the time they apply and the draw date, their application will still go in the draw and they are still eligible to win an authorization. If they win an authorization, and their credential has expired, they will need to re-prove residency at the time they decide to buy a licence.

• A client has to have a valid B.C. residency credential to buy resident licences.
      • If their B.C. residency credential expires after they’ve bought licences, and while they’re in the field hunting, they will not get charged. If they are stopped in the field by a Conservation Officer (CO), they will be asked to show their ID, and as long as they are still a resident, they will just need to update their credential the next time they interact with the B.C. Hunting system.

• Communicate to their vendors that the B.C. resident credential may expire for their customers, and that they can advise their customers to renew their credential in person at a ServiceBC or FrontCounter BC location, or online by logging into the BC Hunting online service.
    • The vendor system shows the expiry date for residency credentials.
    • Vendors cannot update residency credentials.

Browse our online store!
    www.nechakooutdoors.ca

106 1st Street West
    Vanderhoof, BC
    250 567 9885
    mark@nechakooutdoors.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Yes, they want to validate that people are still actually residents, which is understandable.
    But, the lack of communication and getting it out there was absolutely deplorable.
    None of my friends knew.
    This right here.

There should be a simple FAQ document and a clear _notification_ via email or other means to remind you with plenty of time to get things updated.

Couple of quick points.

1. if you have kids, they fall under their parents documentation
    2. all acceptable documents are in this link here (including the statement about under 18 yrs old documentation) https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...umentation.pdf

Since there is no 'recall' on your BC DL as you move to AB, and a DL is for 5 years, whereas the FWID is for 3, your residency could very well have changed when you renew the FWID.

Thanks Captnoblivious for point 1 & 2.
    Will be looking into that, as I hadn't considered that.
    Cheers.

I renewed mine after coming across this thread.
    It was evening, I loaded a previously scanned image of my DL. Was approved early the next morning.

I had a day off today so I went into the Front Counter ServicesBC in Chilliwack and did the ID update. It was set to expire in November '19. I also picked up the 2018-19 LEH Reg Synopsis. I never knew they come out so early

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    I had a day off today so I went into the Front Counter ServicesBC in Chilliwack and did the ID update. It was set to expire in November '19. I also picked up the 2018-19 LEH Reg Synopsis. I never knew they come out so early
    Those are this years not next years! K