Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor Edge Knifes - Anyone has experience?

Re: Outdoor Edge Knifes - Anyone has experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    JUst looking for feedback. Love knifes, these seem kind of cheap (well, they are) but looking for some field tools I won't cry over when lost/chipped etc. Anyone have experience with outdoor edge products such as

https://www.amazon.ca/Outdoor-Edge-C...9-a836839b4078

Feedback appreciated
    I bought this kit ^ several years back. Was actually just looking for a boning knife last minute type of deal for a moose hunt, wasn't having much luck but found this kit containing a bone knife, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Nechako Outdoors
    We have had great success with the Outdoor Edge line for over a decade now.

We have the Wild Lite kit
    on special right now
    for $49.95, this is always a really popular item at Christmas
    Would have been better off with this one tho ^ as I don't see myself using the weird spreader tool and the little saw which are the only editions in the bigger kit that I have.

Anyways as said, for the price point, its good stuff everything comes pretty sharp and its easy to get it really sharp and keep it that way. The knives are made of thinner material which has its advantages and disadvantages, I did bend the tip of the boning knife. Totally my fault we're talking not much more than a fillet knife here and I was using it as a pry bar getting some hip joints apart totally operator error. I actually got it straightened pretty well after and it still does the job just fine. Again not top drawer knives but it sure is nice to open the little kit beside the animal and everything you need is right there and ready to go and there's a secure place to click it back in place when you're done. I carry my kit in my pack the weights not much more than a couple good knives anyway.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I have the replaceable blade lite version they work great and at the end of the trip I sharpen the ones that I have used so they are ready for next time.

I have an Outdoor Edge Razor Pro. Replacable Blades+gut hook. I absolutely love it and would recommend one in a heartbeat for dressing and skinning. Havalons are also excellent, especially the bone saws, but from just a knife standpoint, I'd go with the Outdoor Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    That havalon bone saw though.. hard to beat that, imho. and they beat outdoor edge for sharpness, for the tasks where that matters.
    Ive never needed a bone saw. Outdoor edge blades can be sharpened. And also don't break at the slightest bend. Just my opinion though, ive used both and prefer outdoor edge if I were to choose a replaceable blade style knife

I bought the razor light this year and love it!! Gut and skinned 3 deer with it and the blade is still razor sharp

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by tayleoscar View Post
    I bought the razor light this year and love it!! Gut and skinned 3 deer with it and the blade is still razor sharp
    This is what were finding with the Razor Lite, great knives for sure
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I use an Outdoor Edge razor lite, replaceable blade job, works great,

aside from that I always have a Victornox serrated blade knife and sheath with me, great knives

That looks like a cool little knife... what do you use it for
    In the field that you prefer the serrated blade?

We use serrated ones at home a lot for food and they're great. Stay sharp long.

From what I've seen around the docks and in the Pt Hardy bars, lol, dollars to donuts WF carries that knife because he works on the water. A good seaman or a smart one at least always wants a knife on hand that can cut a big line in a hurry serrated blades shine there. You never know one day that line might be around your feet and taking you over board.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

I use the outdoor edge with replaceable blades and swing blade. Haven't had any issues and is a great knife for the price.