Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stones fly in trip '14 - looking for a partner...

Re: Stones fly in trip '14 - looking for a partner...

Not looking for a hunting partner but we always have 500lb+ of unused paid for space on our annual fly in would save me some money and you the same to have an extra body on the plane. You would be solo once you got in though. We hunt region 6 and I assume we will be flying out of Watson Lake this year.

You gotta be nuckin futs to pick a sheep hunting partner this way!

You might get an offer to trade a back rub for a granola bar on day 3....... I talked to a guy on the dock a few years back who got "propositioned" like that from a guy he'd never hunted with before...... Made for awkward camp time for the rest of the trip apparently... Be careful out there! LoL

I have to agree with Budismyhorse, I wouldn't dream of doing a backpack trip with someone I just met over the Internet. To each his own thoe.

I think sites like this are a great way to meet new hunting partners. You just got to have a good idea of who you're going with before spending this sort of money. Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I've done it several times and have met some great people. But like it has been mentioned be prepared for different styles of hunting and the possibility of hunting on your own sometimes. The best thing is to have a good chat on the phone and explain expectations and what not, discuss everything you can think of to minimize potential problems while on the mountain. Most importantly discuss who shoots what/when, that can be a deal breaker. I won't hunt with someone that flips a coin, you spot it you shoot it!!! Good Luck!
    Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards, hunt hard!

Insert Sienfeld quote: "Not that there's anything wrong with it! "

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonCreedmoor View Post
    I've done it several times and have met some great people. But like it has been mentioned be prepared for different styles of hunting and the possibility of hunting on your own sometimes. The best thing is to have a good chat on the phone and explain expectations and what not, discuss everything you can think of to minimize potential problems while on the mountain. Most importantly discuss who shoots what/when, that can be a deal breaker. I won't hunt with someone that flips a coin, you spot it you shoot it!!! Good Luck!
    I don't like the "whomever spots it, shoots it" idea. I would much rather have alternate shooting days, so that competition is minimized and team work is maximized. I guess we can never hunt together!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I don't like the "whomever spots it, shoots it" idea. I would much rather have alternate shooting days, so that competition is minimized and team work is maximized. I guess we can never hunt together!
    Wait until you hunt with a guy who sleeps like 3 hours a day while you're busy glassing. hahaha! "Hey, wake up man! I found you a nice ram!"

Hunt as hard as you want. Thats my moto.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.
    This is the stuff that classic sig lines are made of....

i would test a potential partner by spending a weekend together in rough conditions, like being stuck in a tent for 24 hrs in a snow blizzard, and it's a lot of fun packing wet stuff together .... anyway what did that guy want, a granola bar?