Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Re: NAVHDA Chapter Interest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    I'm thinking the interior is the best spot. But really ot all comes down to having somewhere to do it.
    I've got access to several thousand acres of land to train any versatile hunting dog but it would be in the interior.

For reals?

Quote Originally Posted by jagen mit DDrs View Post
    I've got access to several thousand acres of land to train any versatile hunting dog but it would be in the interior.
    Where abouts? I guess we'd need someone to raise birds,or at least have access to them.

A club instead of a navhda chapter might be a better, and we might get more members that way since some people may not have the breeds eligible for navhda but still want to train and learn, where abouts in the interior jagen I’m located in kelowna

30km North of Valemount BC

Just got off the phone wirh one of the directors of the Alberta chapter....in order to be a member of a chapter you also have to be a member of NAVHDA international.You will be paying 2 memberships now.

A week goes by and nobody is saying anything about getting involved in a "hunting dog club",no wonder that dogs die of old age before the get trained.

Rainer

Well I said I would be but need more then a few people to get it rolling, there is a pointing club in bc that I might go volunteer at come April to learn, side note any good trainers in the Okanagan I’ve only found someday retrieve out of kamloops

Quote Originally Posted by Uglydog View Post
    Well I said I would be but need more then a few people to get it rolling, there is a pointing club in bc that I might go volunteer at come April to learn, side note any good trainers in the Okanagan I’ve only found someday retrieve out of kamloops
    There are only two trainers in BC that I would recommend and both are Retriever trainers. Colin McNicol of Windy River Retrievers and Kevin Hill of Belmont Gundogs....both are down south for the winter.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

I whole heartedly agree with LG, I know Kevin's work personally and Colin by reputation.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.