Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

Re: Rough news out of Squamish... dog shot.

I think they should check into the backgrounds of both her and the hunter to see if there is any connection. It's all very suspicious. That said, it could have transpired exactly the way she said.

Quote Originally Posted by ajeatoo View Post
    And now the gofundme campaign is up.

https://www.gofundme.com/kaoru

Trying to raise funding for multiple things including protection of wolves but their first goal is this:

"Goal 1: Protection of Life
    Extend the current No Hunting & No Shoot Zone from Squamish to Whistler.
    (currently from North Vancouver to the entrance of Squamish) This would extend a 400m protection of life zone on either side of the highway.
    - Make No Hunting signs and place them along the entire zone.
    - Create interpretive signs educating people on the wonderful nature and animal life that surrounds us and incorporate Squamish Nation teachings- They were the first protectors."

Sigh....And so begins another round of trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist by implementing a ban.....
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    Thats not true. She stated SHE was 10 feet from the dog. The news article stated the dog was SHOT from 20 feet away with no indication of the distance from them.
    OK i HATE that the dog got shot - I like my dog more then most People ! BUT i don't BELIEVE for a SECOND that the hunter shot the dog at 20 ft and her only 10 ft from the Dog unless it was being agressive or attacking him ! Dont know what happened there but i JUST don't BELIEVE her distances ! jmo RJ

We should investigate the local vet..i smell a set up.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Hmm how about she is a anti through and through..with winning the gbear battle they needed some extra leverage on the wolf front..

So they staged a shooting on the old beast that was blind deaf and dump for more power against the antis..
    This was all master planned by raincoast to generate extra attention.
    Wow. Time to change the tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    Agreed! Therapy dogs are just that, around humans all the time and mostly children, the elderly and the sick!
    My money is on the inexperienced stupid hunter, mistakes happen but this hunter needs his eyes checked.
    if I read it correctly, it was a therapy dog for other dogs (traumatized dogs)or did I misread it?

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    I don't know about this island wanderer character......
    Is another troll just like Jasmine.....obvious from all posts to date including Griz thread and original posts probing for info on areas for wolves. Classic baiting. Best to ignore and not feed into it. Should be banned.

Very sad. I feel for all involved. It would be nightmare to shoot a wolf that turned out to be a pet. A few hunters on here have wolf cross dogs and have nothing but good things to say about the breed. I always hesitate before pulling the trigger on a lone wolf for that reason. I think the hunter made a mistake and hope I never make the same error.

I don't blame the owner but I don't believe her either. CBC reported that the area is closed to wolf hunting which is also incorrect.

There is already a bylaw banning shooting from Squamish to Whistler on the east side of the highway.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    OK i HATE that the dog got shot - I like my dog more then most People ! BUT i don't BELIEVE for a SECOND that the hunter shot the dog at 20 ft and her only 10 ft from the Dog unless it was being agressive or attacking him ! Dont know what happened there but i JUST don't BELIEVE her distances ! jmo RJ
    RJ, her go fund me now says the dog was 20 feet FROM HER. Her youtube video says that it was shot "point blank". Something doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm story doesn't make sense to me..20 feet?
    Steven
    You are right...something's not adding up here. I would like to hear the shooters side. Makes me wonder if there were any harsh words spoken or warnings, wonder if the dog got aggressive or is the shooter just a dummy? We will probably never know for sure. If u shoot a "wolf" from 20 feet away how did you not notice the human near it? How did you mistake a dog for a wolf at 20 feet? Something's weird here