Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Group" Hunt Problems!

Re: "Group" Hunt Problems!

Go Hunt. If you get one cut your tag and right down the info on your LEH authorization, then text or Email the other members of your "group" to let them know you have made a kill. That way you have a WRITTEN RECORD that you informed them of your kill and the date it was harvested. My only concern is that I don't know where you'd stand should they reply to your text/Email that they had already harvested the 2 bulls allowed.

if they are not hunting you can go hunt and shoot one moose
    then you must let the others in your group know that you shot a moose and it must be recorded on their harvest report
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Hmmmm, nice family. So if you harvest a moose, will any of them want a share since it was a 'group' hunt??? Hopefully this doesn't turn into a family feud.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Unclear what your trying to say.
    Are they hunting as well? Leaving you to hunt on your own.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

As a group of four it is everyone's responsibility to ensure ONLY 2 moose are harvested by the group.No one in the group can shoot more than ONE moose. All members must fill out the harvest data information once a moose has been harvested, even those at home. If your group is feuding and heading off at the same in different directions it may be tough to meet the above criteria. If they just don't want to go, have fun shooting One moose.

Sorry that it wasnt clear enough. I think some jokes in early replies about my family "tricking me" and leaving me behind got taken literal by some and that everyone in the draw was going out on their own.

To be clear: I will be the only one hunting at all. 1/4 guys. I was just looking for the paperwork necessary that I need to have. I contacted the department and finally got the formal title. It is called the "Record of Harvest Form". The confusing part was that I am not great at the computer and it took me a while to find it once I knew the correct name.

I thought they mailed one of those record of harvest forms to you with your successful draw notice? Maybe one of your family members received it. Either way, get out there and bring home some meat! If there is GOS opportunities available maybe see if you can rally another guy or two to come with you? Handling a moose by yourself is tough work.. especially if he's in an ugly spot (as in anywhere that isn't right on the road haha). Besides, whiskey around the fire is always more enjoyable with a few comrades after a hard days work. We head north next thursday and I'm hoping we will hit the rut right. Only week all of us could take off. Straight shootin!

Good luck bud, you gotta admit your first post kinda was a bit ambiguous ....