Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear encounter - Princeton area

Re: Bear encounter - Princeton area

Did you see the bear? There are Grizz around there. I ran into one near Coalmont few years back on trail back to camp. Messed me up. Never expected to run into grizz around there. Found out later they have transplanted some in that area to build up the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Did you see the bear? There are Grizz around there. I ran into one near Coalmont few years back on trail back to camp. Messed me up. Never expected to run into grizz around there. Found out later they have transplanted some in that area to build up the population.
    We attended a meeting in the Tulameen Community Hall, 15 - 20 years ago where that was being discussed.
    According to the Provincial Gov't. Grizzlies had been "extirpated" from the are and they were going to reintroduce some from the Manning Park area.
    At the back of the room there were a few oldtimer ranchers who guffawed and rolled their eyes at it, they regularly saw Grizzlies around.
    Many of the folks at the meeting weren't too happy about them bringing them back but it did happen a few years later.
    Had to laugh, before they got around to transplanting them we ran into a young one across the Tulameen River behind our place, I guess they hadn't told that one that he had been "extirpated."

Covid Infected Bear maybe - Strange behavior RJ

haha good one..probably right. Bear forgot its mask...silly bear.

This wasn't bear but most likely samsquantch. You are lucky to have made it out without an alien violation.

All kidding aside - experiencing that would have made me pretty dang nervous. I would have done the same as you - high-tail it out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Likely part of the North Cascades Grizzly Recovery Plan , in Washington and B.C.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Blind?.. Deaf? or just caught off gaurd bears get downright rowdy when they dont know whats going on or they think that theres something competing for grub...could be there was a carcus it was eating off neer by.. This is why I carry a tag regaurdless of presuing if it comes down to it I use 180 grain bear spray.. Obviously you should take all effort to de esclate but this is the way its gotta be be safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Covid Infected Bear maybe - Strange behavior RJ
    Definately sounds like it needed vaccinating.