Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Re: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    Pemby, you use so many words but say so little. What does your post even mean? Where is your solution?
    Any jackass can provide their perspective with a "high level" overview from their armchair with zero experience.

What does that even mean? Is this any different from the situation we are currently facing? Are we not currently flushing it out, is the problem not that its been flushing for hundreds of years?
    if everyone adds him to the ignore list, you wont even have to respond to him... or read the nonsense.
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    if everyone adds him to the ignore list, you wont even have to respond to him... or read the nonsense.
    Better yet is just don't respond to him........If he gets no action he'll eventually give up and go away on his own.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Better yet is just don't respond to him........If he gets no action he'll eventually give up and go away on his own.
    I've said that numerous times, eventually he or she will get tired of talking to themselves and go back to where they came from! K

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    No it won't as it has no friends or life
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

......... meanwhile back at the ranch.

The article was posted up for a reason, and that certainly was not to bash FN.
    It was to show an example that is concerning over unsafe and illegal firearm usage, acts that threatened public safety.....all within city limits.
    Again, where are the goal posts?

What can someone take from your property with next to no recourse.
    Rules gotta be set and then work within them.

The push, push, push, push is going to end up with folks getting hurt or killled.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Pemby_mess View Post
    Thanks for the question:

First, we have to understand that the relationship between BC and FNs is heavily influenced by the relationships between both Canada and FN, and Canada with BC.

We need both our federal, and provincial representatives to faithfully consult with the youngest adult generations of FN, to get a sense of what they want to see 3 decades out; nationally. Hopefully some kind of formal process with a designed minimum of direct interference from current FN leadership with uniquely generational axes to grind. Then that same process can be brought down to a finer resolution regionally, to identify regionally specific concerns. I'd imagine most of those talks would be about abolishing the Indian Act, first and foremost, and replacing it with something more enlightened; since no party is at all happy with the way that contract interferes in modern negotiation.

I would make determining what the Crown is prepared to lose a topline priority. The suresest way to lose everything, is being unprepared to concede anything. That doesn't however mean that there aren't some non-negotiable principles that make the crown, "the crown".

All of this will ultimately flush out who controls what resources, but i would aim for some kind of shared structure, based on free market principles known to work. It would be my preference to see the crown retain certain rights to large negotiated land settlements, such as the right of the public to recreate; even if a share of the market derived material benefits, from those previously wholly owned crown rights, may now in fact flow to FN governments.

A lot of the concerns I hear voiced on this forum, from hunters not on this forum, other stakeholders, and even from FNs; fall nicely along the lines of resentment, secondary to sloppy land use policies in general; and don't necessarily have anything to do with racial friction, or legal ambiguities at their core.

Meh... this is just hot air....

BC First Nations have already set their goalposts. They want to regain full and absolute control of their respective traditional territories.

They now have standing and inertia within the court system, one that was designed with a critical flaw.

There is No reason for BC First Nations to weaken their hand by playing the way provincial or federal governments may desire.

BTW, these are not my words, these are words spoken at a recent First Nations gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    There are large tracts of 'Crown Land' that are being traded, sold, given as gifts, etc. with absolutely no 'public' input.
    No provincial government has the so called 'right' to disperse 'Crown Assets' . . . . yet, they all do.
    Much of this is done along racial lines, which is just wrong.
    Totally AGREE with you and we should be Revolting against the GOV for the Doings ! They think there the BOSS of us ALL ! RJ

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post

BC First Nations have already set their goalposts. They want to regain full and absolute control of their respective traditional territories.

They now have standing and inertia within the court system, one that was designed with a critical flaw.

There is No reason for BC First Nations to weaken their hand by playing the way provincial or federal governments may desire.

BTW, these are not my words, these are words spoken at a recent First Nations gathering.
    Yes, i'm sure some among them feel that way.

The courts may well have given them some recent inertia, but each FN group getting favourable future judgements, is far from certain, and will take a tonne of resources that could otherwise benefit their communities under an entirely new framework.

There are certain parameters to their wish list not even possible for a court to grant. Therefore the federal and provincial legislative bodies have carrots there, and accordingly, the means to be persuasive. Balancing the scales of justice, doesn't necessarily entail making judgements that favour everyone in the province: like ensuring the privledge to hunt and fish on what was formerly crown land, as an example. Members of the legislature and parliament need to guide that part of the process to protect what makes Canada such a uniquely wonderful place.

What is the critical design flaw within the justice system from your perspective? If you don't mind me asking?

Pemby.....ur drum beating is relentless and irrelevant on the topic and being on point with many endless threads...WTF?

Getting back to the thread......

Are you cool with someone rolling up to your place and shooting critters on your property that is an area that is illegal to discharge a firearms and posted and fenced.

Yes or no you long winded MF'r

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post

So you were there at this gathering, as a member, guest or building them another stone bench.