Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild game Dinners

Thumbs up Re: Wild game Dinners 2018/2019

BarBee Seared Yelloweye Snapper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Wild game Dinners 2018/2019

well i had a great weekend. no bears down, but good fishing and the best part: morel mushrooms. Now i've heard all about them, really have been interested in wild mushrooms, but never really stumbled into any i felt comfortable picking. hit the jackpot with a holy sh!t moment seeing these on the ground around the lake. pure bliss running around picking them.

glad they taste amazing too, since i had never had any previous and picked a couple pounds!

so, a natural pairing: trout and morel tacos, from the same lake. i deep fried both. half of the mushrooms i just coated in flour, the other i did a flour/egg wash/flour for some extra breading. panko on the fish.

not pictured, but for Father's Day at my in-laws they had all the kids and grandkids over to make their "famous" waffles. the traditional topping is mushroom soup and some syrup. apparently it came from the depression era, when cream was much more of a luxury. any one else's family ever do that? (i know about weird toppings, my family is Dutch, so white rice + butter + brown sugar or maple syrup is a staple). regardless of the origin, i fried up some morels to add into the soup, and it was delicious alongside the smoked trout. a very savoury waffle experience.

i've since dehydrated all of the remainder morels for future cooking adventures and enjoyment. my wife really likes ramen, so stay tuned for adding morels that.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    BarBee Seared Yelloweye Snapper:

the silk road is definitely the place to go

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    well i had a great weekend. no bears down, but good fishing and the best part: morel mushrooms. Now i've heard all about them, really have been interested in wild mushrooms, but never really stumbled into any i felt comfortable picking. hit the jackpot with a holy sh!t moment seeing these on the ground around the lake. pure bliss running around picking them.

glad they taste amazing too, since i had never had any previous and picked a couple pounds!

so, a natural pairing: trout and morel tacos, from the same lake. i deep fried both. half of the mushrooms i just coated in flour, the other i did a flour/egg wash/flour for some extra breading. panko on the fish...
    Man! That looks AWESOME!!!

And firmly agree regarding the Silk Road spices!!
    I find them to be Most Excellent!

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Bear Peperoni and Bear Chorizo/shallet/Basil Pizza:

Bacon Bear Cheese Burgers (Bear burger w/ sliced garlic scapes & onion, one egg, and parmesan cheese mixed in - topped with cheddar cheese, pickles, mustatd, lettuce, & bacon):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Bear Peperoni and Bear Chorizo/shallet/Basil Pizza:

Bacon Bear Cheese Burgers (Bear burger w/ sliced garlic scapes & onion, one egg, and parmesan cheese mixed in - topped with cheddar cheese, pickles, mustatd, lettuce, & bacon):

those burgers look fantastic!

I haven’t tried bear pepperoni yet, but I have a bag of spice mix from stuffers, so it will be part of the next batch of sausage making. Did you make it yourself or get it from a butcher?

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    those burgers look fantastic!

I haven't tried bear pepperoni yet, but I have a bag of spice mix from stuffers, so it will be part of the next batch of sausage making. Did you make it yourself or get it from a butcher?
    The bugers were reaaaaally good. I used Ullie from Sumas Meats in Abbotsford and went 'spicy' for the peperoni (second hottest he does), and it's got a small kick to it (we are very spice/heat tolerant so if you aren't I'd go a bit lower on his scale of heat).

Highly recommend Ullie - I've used him a few times and will continue to, hopefully for years. The chorizo is also good and it's Ullies favorite bear sausage. I may try making my own when I leave the LMD at some point, but that's years away.

Smoked Oysters on the BarBee & Magnum Prawns:

YUM!!

Guess he got to Know me

All looks damn tasty everyone!....

Elk steak & eggs for dinner in the tipi tent, with the woodstove rippin' while there's a torrential downpour outside...

[IMG][/IMG]