Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Don't leave anything at camp!

Re: Don't leave anything at camp!

hmmm just finished a 18 day solo bear trip..day 5 knock on TT door..young lady white button blouse buttoned waaaay down..no bra guy with her said their cooler got stolen by black bear they were out here ' WORKING'..gave them some food..seen her a few days later walking..never saw a vehicle never saw a camp
    hmm
    grow op ?
    waiting extra week till tree planting gig started
    scoping out TT for theft..
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm just finished a 18 day solo bear trip..day 5 knock on TT door..young lady white button blouse buttoned waaaay down..no bra guy with her said their cooler got stolen by black bear they were out here ' WORKING'..gave them some food..seen her a few days later walking..never saw a vehicle never saw a camp
    hmm
    grow op ?
    waiting extra week till tree planting gig started
    scoping out TT for theft..
    steven

Humm one never knows , be careful watch your back .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I forgot a funny rip off that happened years ago on a solo moose hunt.
    Got 4 cans of diesel taken… Saw an RCMP officer cruising around with the local CO in his truck.
    I explained what happened. Said my cans were labeled with my last name.
    he gave me my last name and they both started to laugh.
    He then said follow us,we will have your cans back in a few minutes.
    10 mins later we pull in behind a First Nation gentleman with a Chevy 1/2 ton gasser 4x4.
    In the back of his truck we’re my 4 nicely labeled fuel cans empty of course.
    He couldnt get his truck to run,the cop said most likely because you have this nice fellow’s diesel fuel in your gas engined truck.
    I took my fuel jugs back,thanked the cop and left the idiot there to wait for a tow truck coming 100 km from Vanderhoof..
    At least I got to chuckle a bit over that theft.
    Fortunatly I had 4 more full fuel jugs concealed in the trees they didn’t see back at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    I forgot a funny rip off that happened years ago on a solo moose hunt.
    Got 4 cans of diesel taken… Saw an RCMP officer cruising around with the local CO in his truck.
    I explained what happened. Said my cans were labeled with my last name.
    he gave me my last name and they both started to laugh.
    He then said follow us,we will have your cans back in a few minutes.
    10 mins later we pull in behind a First Nation gentleman with a Chevy 1/2 ton gasser 4x4.
    In the back of his truck we’re my 4 nicely labeled fuel cans empty of course.
    He couldnt get his truck to run,the cop said most likely because you have this nice fellow’s diesel fuel in your gas engined truck.
    I took my fuel jugs back,thanked the cop and left the idiot there to wait for a tow truck coming 100 km from Vanderhoof..
    At least I got to chuckle a bit over that theft.
    Fortunatly I had 4 more full fuel jugs concealed in the trees they didn’t see back at camp.
    You call that a gentleman?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

There seems to be a trend of who is stealing everything and what happens to them when caught (nothing)

HMMMMMM

Number one reason to keep crown land in the tax payers hand… if someone else were to “own it” you’d have a mad max style scenario pretty quickly.

Very Sorry to hear of your Losse's - The SHIT rats are everywhere now a days and our JUSTICE - LEGAL system is broken and NOT a deterrent those parisites ! jmo RJ

Nothing worse the a RAT is a thief .. sorry to hear about your troubles the law does shit if the ever find them. best give them thief's a good BEATING and make them drink from a straw cant stand thief's..vortex
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    I stayed in camp one day 3 seasons ago as I was tagged out.. We had heard of thefts in the area. I was relaxing with a nice hot chocolate and obviously wasn’t seen by 2 guys in a truck that drove in and started walking around 3 other campsites that were occupied. They finally got to our camp and noticed me sitting chilling out. Fortunately I had our camp bear 12 gauge leaned up against the table.
    They we’re pretty irritated when I told them to bugger off and then I said
    I’ve got quality pictures of you and your truck’s license plate. One of the smart asses started mouthing off and walking away.
    Funny how the sound of a pump shotgun getting racked gets almost anyones attention.
    I never threatened them or said anything to that effect.
    I passed the info and pictures to the CO who showed up next and we heard later in the week these same guys got caught with stolen
    booze and camping gear from a few local,hunting camps.
    I really hate thieves and have been ripped off too many times .
    Pretty sad that you still have to worry about theft 200 km out in the wilderness!
    7-21? We had two fellows show up and start going around our camp with ice cream pails, picking berries apparently, at least that was the story. We were having a nap in the camper when they showed up. They left in short order when we came outside, and funny thing is they didn't pick a single blue berry either.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon...rovincial-Park

The theft reportedly occurred Sunday, Oct. 2, about 10:30 p.m. at the Greenbush Lake recreation site in Monashee Provincial Park.

Items stolen include a tent, firepit, tarps, clothing, and an ocean touring kayak.
    Witnesses reported seeing a large, black, diesel truck in the area at the time, which may be involved in the theft, police say.
    The vehicle was described as having a rooftop tent and a light bar across the windshield.
    The occupants of the truck, who were fishing in the area, had a Chihuahua dog with them and are believed to be from the Kelowna or West Kelowna area.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

On our October 1-15 moose hunt, we had a couple guys and a girl drive in to our camp in a white pickup and stopped.One member of our group happened to be in the wall tent at the time and peeked through the door and saw that it wasn’t us. He came out holding his rifle and asked what they wanted. They started driving through the rest of the camp and left. Never did see them again. And I hadn’t turned on the trailcam that I set up as security. Would have been nice to get a license plate.