Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

Re: I feel like I got poached out of my first buck.

i believe deer are like dogs they feel anxiety..if they can do it so can you..agree with rackstar post..enjoy it bud.

plus at least you havent had the guilts for killing yet..

Agreed that is part of road hunting. Shitty for you but par for the course. I would be upset myself as they did see you and continued to hunt that close. And probably not the safest thing to shoot in an area where there are definitely hunters on the ground. If we pass an empty parked truck or see people with boots on the ground, we move on fairly quickly. Last thing I'd want to do is accidentally shoot someone. You will get your chance as long as you get out there.

I'm going to hyjack your thread slightly...

What are the HBC member's thoughts on blocking a spur road with your vehicle as you hunt the area? Obviously confirming that no other truck is trying to get out. When we come up on a truck parked on the side of a spur road and know it may only go a short way further, we do a quick 360 and find another road.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post

What are the HBC member's thoughts on blocking a spur road with your vehicle as you hunt the area? Obviously confirming that no other truck is trying to get out. When we come up on a truck parked on the side of a spur road and know it may only go a short way further, we do a quick 360 and find another road.
    Can't do nothing except wish them peace and love and good hunting. Can't do nothing about it anyways so just move along.

Or you can winch his truck out of the way so you can drive by. Then hopefully you get to see the look of his face as he wonders how you got past his vehicle.

Don't block roads.
    Last edited by Rieber; 10-20-2019 at 07:39 PM. Reason: some people didn't like my initial response

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    This is crap and when I see a truck blocking a spur road so nobody else can drive in I feel like winching a big log under their truck or let the air out of at least two of their tires. Who the hell do they think they are? A good idea here is to drive up to the vehicle and start honking your horn or fire a bunch of shots to get their attention and make them think you're messing with their vehicle. Maybe if you can, take a poop right at the driver's door so he has to avoid the mess. If that guy ruined your intentions of hunting that area by blocking you out, you should have fair opportunity to ruin his hunt.

Or you can winch his truck out of the way so you can drive by. Then hopefully you get to see the look of his face as he wonders how you got past his vehicle.

Don't block roads.
    I agree with this. However if someone is parked nearing the end of a spur road and NOT blocking it. I will usually turn around and let them hunt the area in peace. There is always somewhere else to hunt but I do not condone someone blocking a road. That is BS

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    Agreed that is part of road hunting. Shitty for you but par for the course. I would be upset myself as they did see you and continued to hunt that close. And probably not the safest thing to shoot in an area where there are definitely hunters on the ground. If we pass an empty parked truck or see people with boots on the ground, we move on fairly quickly. Last thing I'd want to do is accidentally shoot someone. You will get your chance as long as you get out there.

I'm going to hyjack your thread slightly...

Don’t block roads it’s a dick move and if you are going to act like a dick expect to be treated like one

This is crap and when I see a truck blocking a spur road so nobody else can drive in I feel like winching a big log under their truck or let the air out of at least two of their tires. Who the hell do they think they are? A good idea here is to drive up to the vehicle and start honking your horn or fire a bunch of shots to get their attention and make them think you're messing with their vehicle. Maybe if you can, take a poop right at the driver's door so he has to avoid the mess. If that guy ruined your intentions of hunting that area by blocking you out, you should have fair opportunity to ruin his hunt.

Don't block roads.

every time I find a vehicle or trailer blocking a public access FSR I take pictures of license plate and vehicle, document time and date and forward it to the CO.

and each time the CO has been very thankful for the information and has followed up.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I agree with this. However if someone is parked nearing the end of a spur road and NOT blocking it. I will usually turn around and let them hunt the area in peace. There is always somewhere else to hunt but I do not condone someone blocking a road. That is BS
    Absolutely - and exactly what I do. I don't want to interfere with someones hunt and I don't want to hunt someplace where I know someone already is in. A little respect and common sense is all that we can hope for.

Sometimes you can work it to your advantage, i was up on opening day and road hunters all over the place.I like to walk and shot a nice buck ,later a guy came down and he had a really nice one- he had gone up to the top of the his and watched as the buck crossed the road after the road hunters passed and kept moving up the hill right to him.The road hunters never even saw the buck

Don't block roads.
    What really gets,their attention is poop smeared under the door handles...

To the OP: I know it sucks but that's hunting sometimes..,the buck you originally saw may not have been there anyway, mulies don't stick to a core range near as commonly as whitetails..