Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed...

Re: Very disappointed...

You can disagree with her, I can disagree with her, every member of this forum can disagree with her, but it doesn’t matter. She is his mother and she is raising him the best she can. I mean I strongly disagree with her and disagree that young children should be sheltered from large concepts like life and death. I know my own kids had an understanding of death at a very young age. But then again I don’t have to put him to bed at night.

Don't buy a small bow for William. Buy one for YOU. For your home. And if it happens to be laying out and visible when William comes over, then perhaps he shows an interest in target shooting. No 3D animals if it bothers your daughter. I would use a cube, or better yet, I used a hot tub lid. And put balloons on it for the fun. As you know, our boys started young. Like training a dog, in our youth, is the best time to create good habits. Shooting habits that is.

Stay with it. Ultimately youth is short, and we get to make our own decisions.

Hey Bartell,,,,
    your kid is pretty cute! lol love it

Timing is perfect to correct your daughter's attitude. Buy the grandson a snare drum and cymbals for Christmas. Trust me, by Spring time she will be begging you to turn those into archery targets.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Well it may be disappointing or upsetting for you Bill reality is it’s her child and you have to respect her wishes, rightly or wrongly.

now if my Dad wanted to take the kids shooting, hunting or camping cause at that age that’s all it is is camping I would be all over it as my brother and I had our four kids out many times while still in diapers,

I wouldn’t lose to much sleep over it Bill and have some patience as your grandson will be all over it in no time.
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

She turned 15 this past summer and started her first job a month ago. She called me last week and wanted to buy a new longbow out of her first paycheck. How awesome is that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    She turned 15 this past summer and started her first job a month ago. She called me last week and wanted to buy a new longbow out of her first paycheck. How awesome is that!!!
    Holy crap fifteen!! Its not so awesome to be getting this old! Then again way better than the alternative! Merry Christmas!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Timing is perfect to correct your daughter's attitude. Buy the grandson a snare drum and cymbals for Christmas. Trust me, by Spring time she will be begging you to turn those into archery targets.

LOL I have actually considered doing just that! LOL Just bought him a nice pair of small frame Hunting Binoculars!! I like J_T's suggestion of just having it laying around at my house... Ha!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post

Now that made me laugh !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Got the bow today... its even nicer than I was hoping. Yew limbs with curly maple riser and tips! Fine craftsmanship by Marc Moriez of Chek-Mate Bows... thanks buddy.