Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Bush Treasures

Re: Bush Treasures

My daughter and I found an iPhone laying in the grass when deer hunting. It still had a small charge in it and we were able to see a text message with a number on it with the phone locked. My daughter sent a text to the number and we left the phone with the bartender at the cariboo lodge in Clinton. Within a couple hours the owner picked up his phone. I left my business card with it and a couple days later I received a gift card to Cabelas.

One good deed deserves another!

Thanks for the gift card Kip!

Found a orange "OLIN" marine flare gun back in the Wildhorse a few years ago. I was crawling under blowdowns miles from any road in a back basin. Always wondered about who lost it, and why they were packing it back there.

Found a really good looking tree planter girl way back in the middle of no where. Gave her a couple beer and had a good bullsh*t. She had just found two partially buried black bear cubs so was a little worried.

That's funny we were hunting up Dease lake 25 years ago while I was walking the Jade mine road I found a obsidian skinning tool, it's about 4" long by 3" wide.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Other than a variety of Indigenous artifacts, including a jade chisel and a grinding hammer with bowl,
    I found a 32 or 36 pounder cannon ball along the north shore of the Fraser River in Whonnock. It was
    a bit unusual in that most of the shots fired from early vessels were from much smaller cannons or
    were grape shot using a variety of material to scare the natives or to do great damage a close range.

Was sitting around a campfire with some hunting buddies and looking into the coals one time. One of my buds worked for an international moving company and had brought up a box of excelsior (try and find that stuff nowadays) to start the fires with. I noticed a small object in the coals that was glowing cherry red. I never mentioned it but took a stick and flipped it out of the fire where it hit a rock and broke into many pieces. My moving company bud knew instantly what it was. He had moved a well to do family over from South Africa and a rare piece of Goss china could not be found. The owner was very upset at it's loss as it was part of a complete set. Hope they are not still looking for it ...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If I could read her mind, I would be horrified” — John Horgan speaking about Premier Christy Clark.

A few years ago, I was hunting for Big horn along a trail north of Lillooet, between the Fraser and the West Pavillion Road, along with my son and son-in-law. We were quading towards Leon Creek and came upon a dilapidated Catholic church and long-abandoned settlement. We walked inside as rats scurried off. We stood silently, gazing out through the broken windows to the Fraser and the blue sage bending in the fall wind. I'm not Catholic, but it was a little melancholic for me, so I said, "Hey guys, we're going to sing the Doxology, which we did in harmony. "There, it's still a church", I said, as we closed the door and continued on.

My Dad used to run the lathe peeling logs at the BCFP plywood mill in Victoria and he would run into cannon balls all the time,they were embedded in the big old growth fur tree's.

Found side of Fraser river 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8 white hunter View Post
    My Dad used to run the lathe peeling logs at the BCFP plywood mill in Victoria and he would run into cannon balls all the time,they were embedded in the big old growth fur tree's.
    That's pretty cool!