Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone's sheep hunting locations

Re: Stone's sheep hunting locations

Some very good hike in sheep hunting opportunities late season into the first 2 weeks of October and last 2 weeks of the season.

From what I've seen in my limited time up there (1 trip) a guy could be successful quite easily if you're prepared and get the right combo of weather as well.

Late season sheep hunting is a blast for sure...

guest Guest

Best Capes later in the season give your memory a better look in my opinion, sure any legal Ram is a good one but the long haired Rams look cool. The Meat from Stones is TERRIFIC !

Go get one and you will be hooked.

PM if I can help any

I enjoy sheep hunting over all else, some good insight on this forum, hopefully I can narrow down a spot for 2016. I know a late hunt is really hinged on the weather. Barely made it off the mountain once on a goat hunt. The weather sure can change in a instance up there.

subscribed - new to this Forum. I'm actually in the Yukon but have friends and my dad that are getting into sheep hunting as much as I am now. Lots of good info for sure. I'm 1-4 so far on hunts i've been on. My buddy finally got a dall ram last year so we broke the curse. Cant wait for this year, hopefully take all of August and Sept off to be in the mountains.

Mt pinhorn has very few sheep and even less rams.try a little farther north.tonnes of blueberries...and blackbears all over the road
    Sheep are not that tough. Grizzlies are. Grizzlies eat what sheep eat, plus they eat sheep

Has anyone chimed in about todigan?

Todigan on my hit list for 2016. Fly in Rifle hunt planner for 2015!

(gps coordinate removed heard about a big one there going for 1 last trip lol)

There you go holy grail of stone sheep I will never take another ram in my life time, if your serious and want a stomper I just layed it out for you……make sure you post pics

Or for you jet boaters head up the gatho to the falls, portage around the falls on foot make sure to bring a saddle. Not to far up you'll cut a good trail and can probably wrangle a few wild horses up that area they are friendly don't worry. Cross the river sooner than later or where you feel its safe, great country and not much resident pressure lots of trails to explore you'll even find the odd cabin to tuck in out of the weather
    Last edited by primmed99; 01-26-2015 at 07:19 PM.

There you go holy grail of stone sheep I will never take another ram in my life time, if your serious and want a stomper I just layed it out for you……make sure you post pics

Or for you jet boaters head up the gatho to the falls, portage around the falls on foot make sure to bring a saddle. Not to far up you'll cut a good trail and can probably wrangle a few wild horses up that area they are friendly don't worry. Cross the river sooner than later or where you feel its safe, great country and not much resident pressure lots of trails to explore you'll even find the odd cabin to tuck in out of the weather[/QUOTE]

I was there.. no rams left, their all on your wall... nice mounts
    Last edited by rifleman; 08-01-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just hunt View Post
    Thanks cordillera very interesting. and you to stonefever iv always wondered but not to sure about area . ic goldenbear take some pretty nice sheep.
    That outfit flys in from juneau alaska, should be illegal spending all that cash in juneau not canada