Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad and concerned

Re: Sad and concerned

Good post Steven, we'll put. And that's coming from one of the sarcastic posters on the emotional CO thread. There are times when a person shouldn't let personal dealing with another be voiced through a website. I'll be the first to admit that seeing that CO tearing up on camera was a surprise to me. Labelling the man a WUSS as the OP did, could not be farther from truth. I can say that because I know the man. I don't think many of the others critics can say that. Ken Owens and I may have had personal differences but whether it was brought on by an over zealous work attitude or a mandate passed down through the ranks I'll never know. But what I do know is I wouldn't want to be roasted like he was on the other thread.
    You are right Steven this forum is supposed to be about hunting. It is strange how the predator threads soon turn into a Rancher bash. The sheep threads go to Outfitter slamming. And we all dump on the Loggers. There are guys on here that are ranchers,outfitters and loggers. With the time they spend in the outdoors some of them are pretty good HUNTERS as well. What I'm getting at is that if we, the members of this site put our effort into wildlife and habitat management along with thinning down some predators we would all have better hunting. I'm not trying to sound like Goat Guy but if we could pull our act together we can take turns posting trophy pics and stories on here. Let the antis and the critics go ahead and carry on with their cheap shots. Us bullies will pile on them and some of us have pretty thick hides.
    By the way as others said... I miss Willies posts. He may not have been political but at least he called a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin6109 View Post
    Hate to say it, but some of the mods don't help the site as far as I am concerned, too many God complexes, just saying. I used to frequent the site daily but got tired of the BS.

I don't agree with that. I imagine trying to crack the whip on this place and.... I don't envy the job. I think they're pretty even and consistent myself. But, we all see things a little differently.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I don't agree with that. I imagine trying to crack the whip on this place and.... I don't envy the job. I think they're pretty even and consistent myself. But, we all see things a little differently.
    Hardly any whip cracking gets done these days, as it isn't necessary. Most of the guys that would go out of their way to cause work for the admins and mods are over on thier own site, talking to each other.

I think I've given out 3 infractions in a month, and deleted maybe half a dozen posts in the same time period.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    ^^Who are these bullies you speak of ...
    Christy Clark would like to know also

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Hardly any whip cracking gets done these days, as it isn't necessary. Most of the guys that would go out of their way to cause work for the admins and mods are over on thier own site, talking to each other.

I think I've given out 3 infractions in a month, and deleted maybe half a dozen posts in the same time period.
    Slacker.... No, it shows we forget quickly, a couple yrs ago... hooo boy...
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Srupp, since I joined here in 2010 I have heard the same thing about past members not posting anymore because of the negative comments. It seems to be a constant theme on here. It sucks that guys are put off from posting but I guess you just have to enjoy the threads and stories that are posted and not worry about the ones that never show up here. New hunters will be at a loss for sure by not seeing the success the pros have but the rest of us will have to pick up the slack.
    This fall was great for big deer and hunt trip threads on HBC. Lets hope it continues. I try to post all my hunts and have had no real negative crap posted except for my Maple Leaf thread but that was expected, lol. Anyone that looks at comment sections of web sites like youtube, news sites or any forum will quickly realize that most people are idiots and the negativity can be overwhelming. Just have to ignore it.

Proguide, Dana, Mark, Rocksteady and so many other guys were a big part of my hunting education as I had few mentors and I hope that my hunt posts will motivate others in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Thats how I plan to roll in 2014... Oh wait, already rolling.

Taken a feline and canine in the past 9 days, but don't feel like getting molested by internet bullies...

Everyone loses imho...
    Rocksteady, just so you know, your coyote pics from the river bank a few years ago really motivated me to get out and kill some doggies. You should keep posting so newby hunters can get the same inspiration. Seeing and reading your stories got me out there and definitley contributed to my success. Thanks,

I agree with maybe canning the open chat and getting more hardcore for hunting. We all get bombarded with the news. Reposting headlines all day is doing nothing for HBC.

First off this is a great site.

I come on every day and look forward to every story of the kind of hunts I have never done and may never do. I have never water fowled hunted but I try to read most of the post the guys put up. Never Sheep hunted or had a chance at Elk but when you guys post your stories I'm right there with you so thanks for that. I feel that no matter what you hunting when people share their success stories (or near misses or downright failures) there are lessons to be learned. That is why I felt as a member of this site I had to share some of my success stories. I felt if people really read it they would learn from what I did right and what I did wrong, but it wasn't easy as I knew there was a chance it could turn into a shit show from some members but I felt I owed to other members who shared. My 2013 moose story I missed my chance with my crossbow at ten yards and thought I would really get flamed but I did what I thought was right at the time and felt it was worth sharing here. To my surprise nobody flamed me for being that close to a moose and not getting it, thank you.

I guess what I'm trying to say if you have a good story take the rest of us along and don't worry about the BS.

On that note this weekend I will have to post a story about my first crossbow whitetail which I took in December out of a blind over bait. Small deer but still a trophy to me.
    Son of a Birch,, Life time BC resident hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by sobirch View Post
    First off this is a great site.

I come on every day and look forward to every story of the kind of hunts I have never done and may never do. I have never water fowled hunted but I try to read most of the post the guys put up. Never Sheep hunted or had a chance at Elk but when you guys post your stories I'm right there with you so thanks for that. I feel that no matter what you hunting when people share their success stories (or near misses or downright failures) there are lessons to be learned. That is why I felt as a member of this site I had to share some of my success stories. I felt if people really read it they would learn from what I did right and what I did wrong, but it wasn't easy as I knew there was a chance it could turn into a shit show from some members but I felt I owed to other members who shared. My 2013 moose story I missed my chance with my crossbow at ten yards and thought I would really get flamed but I did what I thought was right at the time and felt it was worth sharing here. To my surprise nobody flamed me for being that close to a moose and not getting it, thank you.

I guess what I'm trying to say if you have a good story take the rest of us along and don't worry about the BS.

On that note this weekend I will have to post a story about my first crossbow whitetail which I took in December out of a blind over bait. Small deer but still a trophy to me.
    I missed that thread. 10 yards. WTF!
    Last edited by lovemywinchester; 01-09-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Forgot the smiley face

I have been on this site since 2005 and usually post at least one hunting story a year and have never really noticed any negativity being sent my way but maybe I have a thick skin. I have noticed that the people who were disruptive and trying to destroy the site seem to have moved on in the last year and good riddance as far as I am concerned.
    Anyway I personally will be continuing to post when I have good hunt that is worth sharing and I hope others will do the same. As for helping people out with beta on there hunting areas I actually enjoy helping others and have been helped in turn. If you can't get hunting yourself the next best thing is to help someone else have a successful hunt. Anyway that my two cents.

I will stand behind every post I have made. I believe most of my posts regarding the COS have been made about their policies and what I feel are unproffessional actions by some of their Members. It is also my opinion that those of us "on the land" see and interact with various branches of government far more than the average weekend hunter that lives in the bigger centers. I can understand the disbelief that many display when I have posted some things that actually have happened.

In my attempt to "educate" the general public and hopefully garner support for a predator reduction program I have been called liar, poacher, land hog, dishonest and many other names. This hasn't bothered me a bit, I feel that I have won some ground if only by making some of you look for tracks that aren't cloven.

I do appreciate looking at photos of successful hunts, rarely post on them as I feel after 3 pages of compliments another is not really needed. Have a few hunts to go on myself someday when there is time.

Met an out of town poster on my way home from the lower ranch today. Had a good chat with him and his crew and pulled him out of the ditch after they went a little too far in clearing the way for the load of hay I was hauling. They were here hunting cougar and lynx. Gave them a few ideas and locations and we parted with handshakes all around.

What others think of me is none of my business!