Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing an adult non hunter observer on a hunt?

Re: Bringing an adult non hunter observer on a hunt?

By the way, in no way am I saying this is a great law. Just providing a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by hare_assassin View Post
    For those of you who think this no big deal, let's look at it from another angle.

Let's say a licenced hunter brings 12 unlicensed friends out to the bush to "share" the experience. They divide up into groups and use radios to keep in contact. The groups of unlicenced people go in search of game, reporting what they see to the guy with the tag(s). The end result is a dead animal.

Does this activity increase the licenced hunter's chances of success in harvesting an animal? Does this seem "right"?

What intentions do these unlicenced people have? Certainly not to shoot the animal themselves, but certainly they intend for their actions to result in a dead game animal. No?

While they are "searching for, chasing, pursuing, following after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently wounded, killed or captured:" ... what is their intention? To just look at the animal? No. Their intention is to report this information to the licensed individual so he can attempt to kill the animal. Indirectly, they intend for that animal to be captured or killed, despite not having the means to do so. That's why it is stated in the regs as:

(a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or
    (b) while in possession of a firearm or other
    weapon

Granted, this is an extreme example. However, the same conclusions should be reached if it is just a licenced guy and his best bud out for a drive or hike. The same intentions are there.
    Take the tin foil hat off and you'll have a better chance of getting a whitetail.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Take the tin foil hat off and you'll have a better chance of getting a whitetail.
    No tinfoil here. Just reading the law as it is written. I suspect that if I brought 12 people into the bush to search for animals, a few COs would have an issue with that.

Why any different if I only bring 1 or 2?

this is just getting rediculouse this guy wants to go out and hang out with his father for a day out in the bush why are people telling him not to do this its a great idea bring him along for the hunt

Join a fish and game club, become a member of the BCWF, educate yourself on the process of how these proposals come to fruition. You can contribute a lot more through the proper channels. By doing this you can have a voice in the regulations process. You're a smart guy and you're passionate. Whether I agree or disagree with your position, we need young guys like you stepping up..
    sounds good ill keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by ru rancher View Post
    sounds good ill keep that in mind
    Cool. While you're at it, ponder this: "the world is run by those who show up".
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

Thanks for everyone's perspective....yes I just want ot be sure I don't get my pop in trouble but I don't care if the discussion goes in another direction. Have at it!

this is just getting rediculouse this guy wants to go out and hang out with his father for a day out in the bush why are people telling him not to do this its a great idea bring him along for the hunt
    I totally agree. We should be able to bring people out there and enjoy the outdoors.

Here's hoping the COs all read the law the way we'd like them to. Is that enough? Maybe.

But there's always that new temporary licence for those who have their doubts....

Quote Originally Posted by snowplayaa View Post
    Thanks for everyone's perspective....yes I just want ot be sure I don't get my pop in trouble but I don't care if the discussion goes in another direction. Have at it!
    Ha ha! Enjoy the day out with your dad. I hope he spots a gagger for you and you're able to out it down and post your story and pictures.
    Resident Hunter

To post pics on HBC:

5- thank the Coach

No one is saying don't bring him along, by all means do, it's not aproblem at all. He'll likely have an awesome time, he just can not help with the hunt in anyway as he's not licensed.