Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunters for BC

Re: Hunters for BC

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    I'd suggest holding off on the witch hunt here for just a little spell.
    I have heard a somewhat different version of what went down in that regard.
    Reaching out now to determine when their statement in this regard will be released...

Nog
    Fair enough, I wasn't really on a witch hunt, I just saw the post and went WTF?
    That's why I posted it for more to see to get the "real deal" to whether it is true or false.
    I will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Exactly!
    I agree, many different interests.
    That's the big problem, but it is a real problem.
    These folks need to get it thru their heads that they need to focus on big issues and drop their little private interests.
    That's why I say, too many folks, too many opinions, and sweet F'all comes from it.
    Well, not exactly, a ton of BS garbage is usually the result.
    The evidence is in the pudding that many of us see year after year.
    Missing the point “these folks” are hunters and there opinions are just as equal as yours. Their right to have input is just as important as yours. There is no form of hunter who’s opinion is more valuable then another. You are a private interest group just like all others

Why should they respect your position, defend your rights, and stand there and except everything to be your way? When you basically say “well everything should be this way and your way doesn’t matter” you are creating opposition not allies.

If we are really getting into it “science based management” is no more then managing wildlife populations with the goal of a predetermined heard make up and population goal. Lots of different forms of “ science based management” . Management is not about creating a natural healthy wildlife populations. Really hunting is only a factor in population control or reduction.

This is why it’s way more complicated then most realize

Maybe one of the key reasons wssbc is successful, is that they generally focus on one species. That is a lot of time and effort dedicated to sheep alone. Not to get off topic here because I commend these guys on acting upon their beliefs instead of just bitching like a lot of us do.

Everyone in this province does have different views and we also tend to be more passionate about certain species. Maybe we need to take a page from wssbc and support groups dedicated to specific species. There is such a vast amount of issues at hand, how do you narrow it down? Maybe we need groups to take the government to task over deer,moose,upland game,elk etc individually and specifically like they do with sheep. Maybe we need voices to speak for the species and not for hunters as a group, as we have too many individual priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Missing the point “these folks” are hunters and there opinions are just as equal as yours. Their right to have input is just as important as yours. There is no form of hunter who’s opinion is more valuable then another. You are a private interest group just like all others

Why should they respect your position, defend your rights, and stand there and except everything to be your way? When you basically say “well everything should be this way and your way doesn’t matter” you are creating opposition not allies.

If we are really getting into it “science based management” is no more then managing wildlife populations with the goal of a predetermined heard make up and population goal. Lots of different forms of “ science based management” . Management is not about creating a natural healthy wildlife populations. Really hunting is only a factor in population control or reduction.

This is why it’s way more complicated then most realize
    I am fully aware of that and what you say is totally true.
    But at some point, these folks with their personal interests, are kind of missing the boat.
    They are all trying to steer it this way or that way, as you say, based on "their opinion".
    But, they haven't figured out that the "rudder fell off" a long time ago.
    The ship is just aimlessly driving in circles.

So, lets figure this out.
    What is 2 or 3 of the biggest issues to why things aren't getting done, or not done well enough to achieve success.
    To me, it's no government support.
    Still don't have appropriate funding.
    Without that, nothing is going to work (example was NASA, brains alone isn't enough...you need cash)

But instead of al these groups uniting for a common goal, and going after that first.
    We still have guys thinking a change in the regs is best.
    OR, they have no other option but to just come up with new regs. (which is where I think many are stuck at)

BUT, then there still are some, in all of these groups, or a tleast some, who are still trying to grow trophy size game.
    Which is absurd when the big issue, imo, is just trying to grow enough game first.
    Cant have big bucks without a decent population.
    OR, you do where they are trying to steer it, by limiting to such a degree that only a few at a time can go hunt the few that remain,
    in hopes that there is less hunting to let a buck grow huge (sort of that philosophy).

And that is my big concern.
    And yes, like you, it too have thoughts on what works and what doesn't.
    But I know it "doesn't matter" at this point, because even if implemented, it wouldn't work due to the big factors not being in the equation.

It's a mess, and I talk to a lot of folks outside of HBC that say the same damn thing.

All these groups have to put personal agendas aside, work on some factors that will help them achieve those goals some day down the road.
    But right now, there stuck in the mud, still trying to punch the accelerator and just digging a deeper hole.

As I stated, they are now steering us into the "Era of the BAN".

^^^^^
    Some valid thoughts LuckyHorshoe.

Specific to this thread, any new organization will need to have folks with credibility or working relationships with Gov and industry.
    You are attempting to wag an awfully big dog with a very small tail.

You have to understand and appreciate that hunters are just one of dozens and dozens of groups that have passionate concerns about their issue.
    The challenge with the wildlife crusade is you are also up against major industry, the province's economic backbone.

Having a passionate idea without a solid plan is no different than having a ladder with no steps.......it gets you nowhere.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Hi everyone. I should point out. Hunters for bc has not put out a single petition. Petitions come and go on all the forums by different individuals. People are free to do as they wish with any given petition. I’ve seen many petitions in past months and I do question their effectiveness. People are free to express their views in the working group. These views do not necessarily mean we agree and or endorse them. It is a workshop designed to encourage open thinking without ridicule or bullying. I urge everyone not to read too deeply into workshop posts. As there is currently no paid membership we like to see a cross section of thoughts from hunters around the province. A correction on one of my previous posts. I was wrong to include Doug Palmer in the list of names. I will also repeat that we are not encouraging people to discontinue their current involvement and memberships. That is not the goal here.
    Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Hi everyone. I should point out. Hunters for bc has not put out a single petition. Petitions come and go on all the forums by different individuals. People are free to do as they wish with any given petition. I’ve seen many petitions in past months and I do question their effectiveness. People are free to express their views in the working group. These views do not necessarily mean we agree and or endorse them. It is a workshop designed to encourage open thinking without ridicule or bullying. I urge everyone not to read too deeply into workshop posts. As there is currently no paid membership we like to see a cross section of thoughts from hunters around the province. A correction on one of my previous posts. I was wrong to include Doug Palmer in the list of names. I will also repeat that we are not encouraging people to discontinue their current involvement and memberships. That is not the goal here.
    Robin.
    Thanks for clarification that there is not a petition backed by your organization

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Thanks for clarification that there is not a petition backed by your organization
    Zero petitions.
    zero personal agendas.
    zero hidden initiatives.
    I understand everyone’s caution. I’m the same way.
    This is grass roots. No frills. No gimmicks. No balloons. No banners.
    just work.
    I should also remind everyone as we’re small we will need to match our tasks with our size. Politics, alignment, alliances and the rest will come in time and we certainly do not expect instant welcomes and results. Roll up our sleeves and get to work. The organization structure and voting process is in place to keep the path. Also important is hunter input at this stage. Hunters will ultimately shape the structure and goals. Hoping this all helps and makes sense.
    Robin.

Zero petitions.
    zero personal agendas.
    zero hidden initiatives.
    just work.
    I should also remind everyone as we’re small we will need to match our tasks with our size. Politics, alignment, alliances and the rest will come in time and we certainly do not expect instant welcomes and results. Roll up our sleeves and get to work. The organization structure and voting process is in place to keep the path. Also important is hunter input at this stage. Hunters will ultimately shape the structure and goals. Hoping this all helps and makes sense.
    Robin.
    so the views posted by some of the guys you listed about wanting to end antlerless seasons/any buck seasons are just words and nothing more? No intentions of fighting for more restrictions?

Zero petitions.
    zero personal agendas.
    zero hidden initiatives.
    just work.
    Robin.
    Rob, like I've mentioned before - I can throw my support behind anyone who truly has wildlife as their motivation and I do commend you guys on stepping up to the plate when 98% of hunters are extremely apathetic.

Your organization may not have put out any of those petitions but several of the members on your board have and a couple have openly stated on FB numerous times that their reason for getting this group up and running was to put an end to several seasons.

It's hard to ignore that.
    Last edited by HighCountryBC; 12-31-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."