Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild pigs at 150 House.

Wild pigs at 150 House.

I’ve seen the pictures but don’t have them. A friend ( not in good health) in 150 House had a rancher phone him and ask him to find out where the hogs were crossing on to his land. He’s a good trackin sleuth, a day or so after telling the guy where the rancher phones him to come and get some. A sow 400lbs the rancher shot 2 more a little one and a bore close to 800lbs. The pic I seen it filled up the back of a pickup box. If I get more info or pics I’ll post it.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wild pigs at 150 House.

Escapees? Oh my

Good. Feral pigs are 'ell on the environment.

Lived at Dugan Lake, Horsefly Rd. at the 50 for 15 yrs. I spent hrs. In the saddle and traveled many range miles. I seen all area wildlife, but never seen or heard of wild/feral hogs. Mind you that was a few years back
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Having raised a lot of pigs, the likelihood of an 800lber getting that big in the wild is slim to none unless he was living in a corn field and didn’t have to go anywhere.

Way more likely that your rancher smoked some escapees from a neighbors place. Regardless of where they came from, dead pigs are good pigs.

News to me, and right in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Having raised a lot of pigs, the likelihood of an 800lber getting that big in the wild is slim to none unless he was living in a corn field and didn’t have to go anywhere.

Way more likely that your rancher smoked some escapees from a neighbors place. Regardless of where they came from, dead pigs are good pigs.
    Ya 800 seams a bit much but I fugue a rancher would be good at guessing weight. It was dam big in the pic. How far out from 150 I don’t know.

the person in the pic is 5'5"
    the sow

the bore

hmmm thank you for the effort.
    seen pig tracks at the end of Knife creek rd..closer to the powerline on Rideau lk rd.. at the time I thought they were escapes...
    the BIG pig shot west of the fraser river I saw photos of 2 lARGE hogs the biggest was certainly over 500 pounds...there WAS a pig farm that released his entire herd ..some have wandered as far south as Meldrum creek rd.
    would love to run accross several while packing my rifle..Ihave tried..no joy...so far
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Ya 800 seams a bit much but I fugue a rancher would be good at guessing weight. It was dam big in the pic. How far out from 150 I don’t know.
    Oh I’m not doubting the weight estimates, just that it would tough for a hog to get that big foraging in the wild without being fed regularly.

Tough to tell from the pic, but they look like Berkshires.