Thread: Re-Placement Tags

Re-Placement Tags

Lost my wallet or misplaced it well enough...... had my hunting tags in it.

FYI if this happens to you to someone you know,

Good Afternoon,

As discussed, here is the process that needs to be followed to get replacement tags for the ones that you lost. This information can be found online here:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...sident-licence

Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Licences
    If your uncancelled species licence is lost, stolen or destroyed and you have not harvested an animal under that species licence, you qualify for a replacement. Replacement of species licences are only available in-person at FrontCounter BC and Service BC offices.
    To obtain a replacement, you must provide to the government agent the number of the species licence that was lost, stolen or destroyed if the species bag limit is greater than one and you have more than one licence for that species.
    Licence
    Fee
    Replace a species licence that's lost, stolen or destroyed:
    All species licence replacements
    $10

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Re-Placement Tags

Good to know not all is lost and only a $10 fee and the waiting time
    Id be out $166 at this point if I lost them all...

When we ordered our bear tags online this spring they never arrived in the mail. Ended up going to access bc and still got charged the $10 each. Wasn't overly impressed with being charged for something that wasn't ever sent.

I wasn't please to hear about the $10 charge PER tag - i gave a small protest and asked why the charge and the lady said it was for all the work that is required to replace them....... ok, whatever then, i'd rather be out the $40 and have my tags back.

None of my tags showed up in the mail so I went in but I didn’t have to pay anything to have them made up manually. I think there is a window that if they didn’t show up you can have them re-issued for free.