Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HBC in the news

Re: HBC in the news

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Hope that's not the same bay where they park the fire engines and/or store the turnout gear.. I wouldn't want the potentially carcinogenic off-gases from those getting on game meat that I was planning to eat.
    Ridiculous comment. The bay doors were wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Joe View Post
    Another thread gives all the details. As to your question, he was but has been banned.
    was both other threads deleted now? couldn't find them, maybe i missed the party by now

pretty sad to see the fire fighter get dragged through the mud like this, that vern guy needs to get a life
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Which means the air is moving around, including around the carcass. Not a chance I would ever take.

Posting a picture of a bled and skinned out carcass at a tax funded fire hall........In Surrey.
    Not suprised this became an issue. Lol
    Last edited by Good2bCanadian; 01-23-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    was both other threads deleted now? couldn't find them, maybe i missed the party by now

pretty sad to see the fire fighter get dragged through the mud like this, that vern guy needs to get a life
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...s-media-events
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Says he's a full-time fire fighter in the article.

Doesn't that mean that's where he lives? His dwelling.

Nice deer and looks like a great place to process it to me. Can't believe there's a complaint about that....

Worst part is they are attacking someone who has been battling his demons and winning. Hunting has helped to keep him on the right path.
    Pretty sad.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

thanks SSS for connecting those dots for me....I recall his original thread now, fantastic thread and great to read, damn shame to see his success rained on like that....hope we see him on here again
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    people will drag a deer for 3km through mud, piss, and cow shit and that's ok .... but will then online complain about potential "off gases" from a fire engine that isn't even in the vicinity of a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    people will drag a deer for 3km through mud, piss, and cow shit and that's ok .... but will then online complain about potential "off gases" from a fire engine that isn't even in the vicinity of a deer.
    Where have you seen a hunter drag a completely skinned animal through any of that stuff?

FYI, the carcinogens are from the turnout gear and are not something to brush aside.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."