Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Law For Region 4 EK..

New Law For Region 4 EK..

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...quE22kARdnMcnM

(Only a proposal)
    I will still put out trail cams but not salt blocks or bait..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-27-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Law For Region 4 EK..

Just a proposal at this point.

I call bs... no scientific evidence that salt blocks can contribute to the alleged spread of cwd...

Another knee jerk reaction..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I call bs... no scientific evidence that salt blocks can contribute to the alleged spread of cwd...

Another knee jerk reaction..
    We seem to be past the days decisions are made off scientific data.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    There's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Ya it's a shame.....

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Just a proposal at this point.
    Yes your correct just a proposal will see what happens in the near future ??

(My thread link is only a proposal)
    (Here is my take on feeding salt blocks to deer ,elk and other prey animals)

If implemented first off the cattleman feed salt to there cows all year round farmers feed salt to there horses as well ,etc and what's stopping elk and deer coming into the farmland
    and licking the salt that is present the law would have to tell the farmers and cattleman no more salt allowed to put out.

Secountley is if the regs say no more salt allowed in region 4 what about all other regions in BC ??? if implemented the new law should state the whole BC not just region 4,same species
    lick salt in all other regions same senorial ..

Science works most of the time but not all the time and what the management is saying that can cause diseases is a crock unless they can prove from science and they have solid
    proof that deer elk etc can get densities.

I would think that management would have to fence off an area and put some deer ,elk in the pened area for many years and put out salt blocks year around for many year to see if there
    science is correct..

All and all management should be more focused on controlling predators then worrying about what salt blocks might do to prey animals,,like I said show proof that salt will give diseases
    prey and predators,,I would say that wolf numbers take more game animals then all hunters road kills do in a calendar year ..

All and all to do with the decline in prey animals is not salt blocks the cause management have to look in the mirror at themselves first on how they can bring back elk and deer numbers .

The way I see all on the reduced deer population fist off no more early junior season,,shorter deer season for mule deer GOS,,shorter elk season put GOS out of the rut for the elk season
    Oct 10th for 4 weeks or on LEH in low populated area till numbers get established ,GOS for elk antler restrictions 3 point or better for the four week period..

Mule deer GOS Sept 10 closed Dec first WT deer can withstand the GOS that is in place they have a much better recover rate then mule deer do,,also need more back road closures throughout
    BC..

Pushing new roads into remote areas for logging taking the big timber out that is wintering range for prey animals I know that loggers have to make a living but a factore on wildlife as for
    making it more accessible for motorized units to enter further back into remote areas making it more easy for wolf packs to travel on these roads,,many hunter would be surprised on how
    much wolfs travel all logging roads to look for prey animals..

Management have to do something to control the wolf population in order to bring back the deer,elk population wolf population is # one factor why prey animals are low in numbers,,wolf population has exploded in BC
    in big number.
    My thoughts on bag limit for wolves ,,unlimited bag limit for wolves year round and no elevation limit for wolves until wolf population is under control ,,management have in place compulsory inspection in parts of regions
    in BC I would like to see this canned
    and put a 200.00 dollar bounty on wolves when dropped off to management would give more encouragement for hunters to go out nd hunt for wolves..

One good thing about wolves is they control the coyote population ,,coyotes take down lots of deer in a calendar year and domestic animals ,,a few times over the years when shed hunting I have come across wt deer that
    have been killed by only one coyote the deer was still all in tack and still warm the snow tells me there was only one coyote that took this wt deer down.

I see all this because of having trail cams out in the regions and spending countless hours in the mountains,,cattleman having there cows out in high low elevations on crown land eating all the vegetation up is another factor
    on declining prey population.

All and all its a big circle on everything why our prey animals have declined and I am far from knowing it all but this is what my thoughts are to help bring back prey animals like it or not..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-27-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Wayne log onto the site cut and paste your post, maybe edit it a bit (or not) to just address the proposal you are replying to. Also while you are at it look at all the other proposals, even if you do not use per say crossbows but disagree about the new proposal put your thoughts out there, same for any other changes in any other area because if it gets approved in one region then they will move to the next on and so on and so on!!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Kind of like a day care for your kid doesn't pass on sickness, no scientific evidence! Not that I agree with the law .Especially with all of the natural licks out there but it cant help.It would be like having one ice cream cone for your whole neighborhood to have a lick .You don't think that would pass on illness?
    Last edited by GEF; 12-27-2019 at 09:38 AM.