Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Northern Adventure

Re: 2019 Northern Adventure

Great Pics!! Canada's North is truly a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Inspiration at its finest. .fantastic photos...and what ? A familly that camps together, holds hands..
    thank you for sharing strong familly values..well done indeed.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Very thankful I can still camp with my kids. We've been a outdoors family since they were babies. It is all about creating strong memories that will be cherished for the rest of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I tried Imgur on my iphone and ipad but I couldn't get the links to work. Tried on the imac and worked really easy. Not sure the size they allow on the uploads but these were all resizes I had done previously while editing. Seems to have worked.
    Thanks Dana, I don't have Imac, but wonder why is it not possible to upload right from my pictures folder on my home computer.
    Like I said I'm only allowed a max 750kb image, which is really small.
    By the way I have been on the Dempster to the Arctic Circle marker/sign, it was a great trip and would like to do it again, perhaps further.
    Did you get flat tires on your trip?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Wow, simply amazing! Thanks for posting Dana, inspirational and feeds the soul! We plan to do something similar in the near future!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    Thanks Dana, I don't have Imac, but wonder why is it not possible to upload right from my pictures folder on my home computer.
    Like I said I'm only allowed a max 750kb image, which is really small.
    By the way I have been on the Dempster to the Arctic Circle marker/sign, it was a great trip and would like to do it again, perhaps further.
    Did you get flat tires on your trip?
    No flat tires per say but I did loose a wheel within sight of Tuk. Lug nuts jiggled loose and broke several posts when it came off. Luckily I was going real slow and the new road was soft. Got it back together with the 3 remaining good posts and limped into Tuk where the mechanic had to rob a few more posts from some vehicles at the dump. All was good and made it back home with no other issues.

Very inspirational for sure! A trip I would love to do too. Awesome photos, thanks for sharing.
    Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for hunting season...

Thanks for sharing your trip. Did most of the trip up the Dempster with my Dad several years ago. We got rained out and they were shutting down the river ferry at Fort McPpherson due to high water, so we had to turn back. It's a great memory. I didn' t really have a grasp how vast the north really is until that trip. Standing at the Olglevie lookout was truely impressive. Planning to do it again and finish the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    No flat tires per say but I did loose a wheel within sight of Tuk. Lug nuts jiggled loose and broke several posts when it came off. Luckily I was going real slow and the new road was soft. Got it back together with the 3 remaining good posts and limped into Tuk where the mechanic had to rob a few more posts from some vehicles at the dump. All was good and made it back home with no other issues.
    Yeah you were lucky, it could have turned your trip into a nightmare.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Thumbs up Re: 2019 Northern Adventure

Hell of a FINE Pictorial of a Wonderful Trip!

Happy to hear you enjoyed your foray into my old stomping grounds!!

Many Thanks for the share - it brought back a host of great memories!

Cheers & Merry Christmas!
    Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thanks for sharing your photo journal.
    I did a similar trip in '89 when my kids were very young. Brings back great memories.
    Makes me wish I had invested the time and $$ into photography rather than hunting gear.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
    Semper in excretum altum