Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaky Lowas

Re: Leaky Lowas

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    What do you do to the boots to keep them happy the last 2 seasons? Thanks
    Not much. I just make sure they are dried off every time inside the house and not in the garage or somewhere where they would take forever to dry.

I have been spraying them with a teflon spray for extra waterproofing but that stuff does not last.

I tend to stay away from waxes because they decrease breathability of a boot. That's just my opinion. No scientific evidence to back that up. Lol

Worn out a lot of boots. Current Lowa hunters are going on 3 years. Not a issue. Changed out the footbed. That’s about it. I try not to stand in the soup anymore lol. Not sure if that’s made the difference. Keep them clean. Don’t believe in all the leather conditioner crap
    i use this model for cold weather as that’s what it’s intended for
    For warmer and actually wetter mountain extremes I’ve liked my hand made limmers. Helluva boot 8 years on them now. 3 soles Good coat of grease before the adventure and go. Might not be the lightest boat out there and they aren’t cheap but they are the real deal

I would phone up TJ Swankey and tell him his Lowas are junk ...LOL....Dennis

Something fishy there. Ive had two pairs that have lasted for 5 plus years of hunting hiking and mtb trail building. My Tibets are the best boots I have ever owned.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

I had some Lowa Cevedales that lasted 4 months, before splitting open in the heel gusset. Absolute garbage. The Canadian importer refused to honor warranty as I had bought them off of Amazon. It was only after contacting Lowa Europe that the Canadian importer honored the warranty. I sold the replacements and have not gone back to Lowa. Have had good luck with Hanwag and La Sportiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    My Lowa Tibet GTX are still going strong 6 years later, with nothing more than regular cleaning and conditioning. I prefer a beeswax based product. Lots of time in mountain talus, snow, dry Okanagan dust and wet fall moose hunting conditions. My last trip was GPS tracked at 96 kms hiked over a week, rained every day. My feet were dry the entire time, and boots still look great.
    Same for me. Lowa Tibet GTX 4 years old, nothing but beeswax based sealants and solid boots. Been through 4 years of caribou mud in the fall and winter

I bought a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX and they were leaking within 6 months and weren’t even my primary pair of hunting boots. Thank god they were half price otherwise it would be a little harder to take. I’ve always had good luck with Meindls and won’t venture to Lowa again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tins View Post
    Something fishy there. Ive had two pairs that have lasted for 5 plus years of hunting hiking and mtb trail building. My Tibets are the best boots I have ever owned.
    X2 on this. I use Huberds and have had my Tibets for 3 yrs. Never had a better pair of boots. I clean and treat at least once a week during the season, before they are put away at the end, and before a new season. I pull laces, brush, wash, grease - overkill? Maybe, but they are waterproof, don't smell, and look new.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

I've had good luck on my Kenetreks with SnoSeal, you just have to carefully heat the leather up before applying. The waterproof membrane only lasted about 1.5 seasons and they started leaking when I was using the Nikwax leather wax. Switched to SnoSeal and they're good again, plus it's dirt cheap at surplus herby's. Agree with some other comments on here... I keep my boots clean, dry on a boot dryer everytime I get home, and treat twice a year. Five or six seasons in and they still look great.

I mentioned this before...Counterfeit....it depends on where you are buying them. If you're buying from Amazon its possible they could be fake...I've read 10% of items are estimated to be fake counterfeit knock-offs from amazon.

One study showed 20 out of 47 items purchased where fake...

Buy from a trustworthy source.