Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bull River Bighorn

bull River Bighorn

Does anybody know the history of rams taking out of 4-21 bull river area ....as this year I got invited to do a hunt down there
    Another hunt another story

2. Site Sponsor

Re: bull River Bighorn

Maybe 2 or 3 per year. Loads of sheep Hunters. No kidding..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

The mountains we were thinking of going are mt fisher ,the steeples, lizard peak, and three sister

Quote Originally Posted by Grolar View Post
    The mountains we were thinking of going are mt fisher ,the steeples, lizard peak, and three sister
    Good luck. Bring rope and good boots.

Oh boy....is it that steep.....I heard 4-21 bull river is where they guide for sheep from grand slam outfitters , correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats where they go

Sheep can be in steep terrain, but unless your goat hunting you can leave the rope at home.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

That's about right only a couple a year, but leave your hiking boots and bring your running shoes, with the guides and locals watching them all year it's a race when the season opens. At least couple of the mtns you mentioned don't even have sheep from what I know. It will still be a fun hunt but be prepared for a lot of pressure. Enjoy being in an awesome area and a sheep would just be a bonus. Lots of bears, elk, deer and maybe a two or under moose as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Sheep can be in steep terrain, but unless your goat hunting you can leave the rope at home.
    Oh I find that opposite the only time I have use rope is for goats in mcbride and the island but these moutains will be the third time I will climb them so I hope it goes good ......I have hunted alot of stone in the skeena region and a little bighorn around lillooet but kootenays bighorn are new to me and they are one of the most challenging hunts I have encountered but with a little help from my friends I hope I will be successful this season....I have hunted the lower part for elk so it shouldn't be that bad

Quote Originally Posted by E.V.B.H. View Post
    That's about right only a couple a year, but leave your hiking boots and bring your running shoes, with the guides and locals watching them all year it's a race when the season opens. At least couple of the mtns you mentioned don't even have sheep from what I know. It will still be a fun hunt but be prepared for a lot of pressure. Enjoy being in an awesome area and a sheep would just be a bonus. Lots of bears, elk, deer and maybe a two or under moose as well.
    What mountains are u talking about that doesn't have sheep

I live right there a lot of pressure and few legal rams. You can also try a few other spots near there. great place beautiful scenery and good numbers of Elk