Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allocation evolution - This should have been posted early on

Re: Allocation evolution - This should have been posted early on

Quote Originally Posted by Island Redneck View Post
    Your numbers for Roosevelt Elk in region one are wrong, in the mid 80's I had a quota of 7 elk per year, which was 5-6% of the total allocation in my guide area and I was the only outfitter on the Island to have an Elk allocation at that time.
    So that would make it less than 2% then? Did you have archery elk as part of that 5-6%?
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    On a related note, it would be interesting to see this information on a graph....showing the rise in GO Allocations and the drop in Resident allocations over the years!
    Along with resident hunter numbers increasing and foreign hunters decreasing.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

The number that always jumps out at me is Guides getting %20 of the moose in region 4. Moose are basically a once or twice in a lifetime hunt in the Kootenays so why are we allowing any foreign hunting? I know guys in there 50's who have never hunted moose in there home region.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    What you posted is different adriaticum.....the previous post has several different years and not just the 2014 allocation policy
    This is what was initially released and there are changes.
    I think BCWF website will have the numbers updated and posted.
    Last night at the meeting they said they would post everything shortly.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    This is what was initially released and there are changes.
    I think BCWF website will have the numbers updated and posted.
    Last night at the meeting they said they would post everything shortly.
    I know what you're saying. What I am pointing out is the JPG that you have posted is JUST the 2014 Allocation Policy, not the evolution of years from back in 2007 forward. And yes I am hoping the evolution information that Wagonmaster has posted gets shared in every way possible.

I have that document deaddog distributed at the PG meeting last night...I can PDF it when I get home, if nobody beats me to it..feel free to PM me

Island Redneck. I'm not sure the numbers for prior to 2007 are meant to reflect those going way back to the mid 80's. But, nevertheless consider the following. Government documentation states that there were 237 permits available through LEH in 1985. Add your 7 to that number and your percent allocation works out to 2.8%. Add in the native allocation, and the results would come even closer to the 2 % number in the chart. Seems pretty accurate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    This is great. Easy to read and understand, awesome
    I agree completely, is there any way we can take this a step further and get the actual number of permits, along or instead of the percentages. I think this the type of information that the general public hunters can understand. We loose a lot of people in the intricacies of the allotment process.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    To note as well, those numbers regarding Island elk appear minuscule, however they translate into 20 animals per year, or 20 hunts of a lifetime per year.
    How did you come up with 20 elk per year? Perhaps that number is what Island Redneck is referring to when he said your numbers are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonmaster View Post
    Island Redneck. I'm not sure the numbers for prior to 2007 are meant to reflect those going way back to the mid 80's. But, nevertheless consider the following. Government documentation states that there were 237 permits available through LEH in 1985. Add your 7 to that number and your percent allocation works out to 2.8%. Add in the native allocation, and the results would come even closer to the 2 % number in the chart. Seems pretty accurate to me.
    I dont recall the exact number of resident permits allotted in all of Region 1 but only MU 09-10-11-12 & 13 had a non-resident elk quota and I got between 5&6% of the total bull allocation. (I did not want any cow quota)

I had 7 bull elk and when the native allocation came about, I lost 1 elk, It was returned to me a couple of years later. If you include the native's in the resident allocation, the non- resident allocation would be 10% or less on elk and moose.