Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2014

Re: Trophy Blacktail Hunting 2014

Quote Originally Posted by zippermouth View Post
    a let down but surely far from "for nothing". I enjoy seeing the journey no matter the outcome. my seasons seem to be going the same way the last couple years. lots of time spent looking not much killing. but the journey is what its all about. kudos to proguide for putting in the time. now lets see a pic of your muley!! not sure I agree that mullies are so much easier to kill a booner!! your making me want to tackle the blacktail game just to see just how difficult they really are!!
    One thing I noticed about muleys (spikes and does anyway) is that I often see the same deer in the same places at the same time, day after day. Older bucks seem more elusive, but I suspect one is more likely to be able to pattern a mule deer in general. It doesn't help that they like wide open areas. With BT's I feel like I'm hunting a cougar without dogs. That said, I do so plenty of BT down pics around cutblock treelines, especially from Vancouver Island so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BCLogger View Post
    You didn't get Brutus...what a let down. All this build up for nothing.
    Dude you just don't get it ^.

PG66 thanks for all your time and very well put together log of the 2014 adventures and the great photos and vids. Weird year for BT out here too but what doesn't make us go insane makes us stronger all good Looking forward to what if anything you find on the predator front sounds like they've smacked that area all right hopefully one or two of those studs side stepped the issue and a bunch of their girlfriends too. Any news on this blacktail video you're working on? enquiring minds....
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Dude you just don't get it ^.

PG66 thanks for all your time and very well put together log of the 2014 adventures and the great photos and vids. Weird year for BT out here too but what doesn't make us go insane makes us stronger all good Looking forward to what if anything you find on the predator front sounds like they've smacked that area all right hopefully one or two of those studs side stepped the issue and a bunch of their girlfriends too. Any news on this blacktail video you're working on? enquiring minds....
    Don't worry bout the BClogger dude , hes had some kind of boner for me since his very first epic post ever. Maybe one day he'll get the nuts to PM me and get it all off his chest

Anyway , the original motive for these b tail threads was and is to encourage people , share the knowledge and 'try' to get people to do the same. Blacktail deer are the most frustrating and elusive beings of the west coast and most likely in north america as a game animal. Unless you feed them , raise them on private hunt able property or shoot them in the high beams , they are basically nearly impossible to 'master' ( a mature XXL genetically superior one ).
    I can go up north for a couple months guideing and KNOW I am going to find a great mature example of each species sought even before I get there...and I mean EVERYTHING !!! But do I 'KNOW' I am going to see just 1 XL blacktail once hitting it hard at home for the same amount of time? And the same amount of time on ONE species??? NOOOPE !! lol enough to drive a half crazy person nuts !!! But I think I'm getting better and know I have helped others get better for sure ! So its a win win doing threads like this !

I as well started a FB page ' Blacktail Deer Hunting' and it went to over 10,000 people in a short time without even 'trying' to attract people...then some douche who probably got skidded undermined it and FB took it off. But we are back with over 3000 blacktail enthusiasts and its growing daily once again.

SO... its season end time and I have taken all the 2014 pics from the page and combo'd up with cool stuff I video taped all fall an annual ' season wrap up' video of everyones success is getting made !!

After that , its full speed on the main web site which hosts 'how to' with numerous N American outdoor hunting and related activites , all to HELP and ENCOURAGE ! Its free to see , just have to sign up...and its a cool one !!! The amount of work is insane , but we aint quittin !!!!

Anyway , I'll have the wrap up video up shortly !!!

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Don't worry bout the BClogger dude , hes had some kind of boner for me since his very first epic post ever. Maybe one day he'll get the nuts to PM me and get it all off his chest

Anyway , the original motive for these b tail threads was and is to encourage people , share the knowledge and 'try' to get people to do the same. Blacktail deer are the most frustrating and elusive beings of the west coast and most likely in north america as a game animal. Unless you feed them , raise them on private hunt able property or shoot them in the high beams , they are basically nearly impossible to 'master' ( a mature XXL genetically superior one ).
    I can go up north for a couple months guideing and KNOW I am going to find a great mature example of each species sought even before I get there...and I mean EVERYTHING !!! But do I 'KNOW' I am going to see just 1 XL blacktail once hitting it hard at home for the same amount of time? And the same amount of time on ONE species??? NOOOPE !! lol enough to drive a half crazy person nuts !!! But I think I'm getting better and know I have helped others get better for sure ! So its a win win doing threads like this !

I as well started a FB page ' Blacktail Deer Hunting' and it went to over 10,000 people in a short time without even 'trying' to attract people...then some douche who probably got skidded undermined it and FB took it off. But we are back with over 3000 blacktail enthusiasts and its growing daily once again.

SO... its season end time and I have taken all the 2014 pics from the page and combo'd up with cool stuff I video taped all fall an annual ' season wrap up' video of everyones success is getting made !!

After that , its full speed on the main web site which hosts 'how to' with numerous N American outdoor hunting and related activites , all to HELP and ENCOURAGE ! Its free to see , just have to sign up...and its a cool one !!! The amount of work is insane , but we aint quittin !!!!

Anyway , I'll have the wrap up video up shortly !!!
    PG, not only do I enjoy your posts, pics and vids but I recognize the giant leap between doing this for your own enjoyment and sharing it all with others and you deserve recognition for that. Creating your thread is the natural evolutionary step from sitting around a fire talking about deer hunting which prior to the information age was the best way to gain knowledge from other experienced hunters. I especially enjoyed your 2014 thread as I tore up my left shoulder in a fall while fighting fire in July and was unable to hunt this year (I'm definitely getting too old for that $hit). I just had the surgery on Dec 4th and plan to be out chasing these critters again in 2015; I should be healed in time for some shed hunting to get the ball rolling.

Thanks again PG for keeping the fire burning during a very frustrating year for me.

Hey proguide66...seems like a pretty hostile comment to make, but it doesn't bother me as I understand that you must be struggling with some other issues to make a statement like that. Anyways, PM sent to "get it all off my chest."

Quote Originally Posted by BCLogger View Post
    Hey proguide66...seems like a pretty hostile comment to make, but it doesn't bother me as I understand that you must be struggling with some other issues to make a statement like that. Anyways, PM sent to "get it all off my chest."
    ' hostile' ??? you think I am 'hostile ' you may want to change your panties as my words are about as 'hostile' as a nuns. Like I said in my PM to you , the challenge is there.... we'll see what you do with it.. Nipping at my heals like an annoying neighbors lap dog the odd post doesn't do you any good or paint yourself in any kind of positive way. I'm not one to carry on and pretend it isn't happening..... YOU came to the thread , YOU drop your pissy posts......YOU get the results.

Remind me of your web site's name again PG I had it but forgot. sorry man don't do FB so..
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

guest Guest

Thanks again Steve for this TERRIFIC Blacktail thread.Have enjoyed them ALL. I wouldn't want to be a up and Growing BT in your neck of the woods. Great Work and looking forward to the Videos !CT

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Remind me of your web site's name again PG I had it but forgot. sorry man don't do FB so..

FB is what the individual makes it. I don't use it for personal shit , but it IS a direct link to the planet ! The web site is ' Howtohunt.com' , only the temporary site is up and the 'monster site' is now built but loading it is a huge task. It isn't an 'every day' site with a front page and a few pages inside...it is HUGE. I mean sections and sections and sections....each with pages and pages ..on and on. It is being done 'right' the first time so patience on our part is a must although I get emails from around the planet asking " WHEN" ???
    To date there is literally thousands of people from around the world who have signed up and shown interest , its pretty cool. As well there is contributors popping up from one end of the planet to the other !!
    'Celebrities' of any flavour are not welcome as nore anyone 'looking' for that kind of status. I have turned away more than a few of em wanting 'in' to represent a topic or section..but they are only looking to have people wear 'their name' on a hat or t shirt... so they don't fit in . We aren't into 'entertaining' but are only sharing THE TRUTH from 'REAL' experts - period !! and ZERO misleading to sell 'BS' products.
    I bought and own 79 domain names all starting with 'howtohunt___ . and ending with .com so its basically impossible to do a knock off or even a quality 'copy' . ( that was kinda a big lottery ticket win in itself ).

Anyway , the FB blacktail page is called ' Blacktail deer hunting ( the original one , a HowtoHunt.com chapter )' if curios ! There is literally thousands of like minded blacktail hunters from Alaska to California on there posting up insanely cool blacktail stuff daily , and there is some major 'killers' on there !!! just the trail cam shots people post up make you shake your head !!! This one guy from Alaska has loads of cams out and posts some way cool pics of Sitka bucks and wolves in real cool rainforest style back drops , real cool to see !!! The there's the ever soo genetically twisted Oregon b tails which are ridiculous to say the least !!! Of course ' hybrid' comments come up the odd time from frustrated or jealous types , but we don't really care... its all cool !! hybrids or not , we have everyone sharing and encourage many more to do so !!

I've signed up for your site already and am really looking forward to it!!
    See the swing...hear the ding!