Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Re: So what is going to change in the regulations this year

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    After having such a positive response following the ban of the use of drones, it looks like trailcams are next on the list. When one jurisdiction makes the call, others follow, and BC is already behind the times on this. The ethical debate aside, what did the drone in was the legalities under privacy rights. The trailcam falls under the same legal nightmares. The government does not want human rights lawsuits against them, so an outright ban is the easiest solution.
    BC is behind the times on banning trailcams? How many states/provinces have actually banned them? More than 2? I heard North Korea banned free speech. I guess we are behind the times there too?

And privacy did the drone in? Then why is it still perfectly legal to fly drones around when one is not hunting?

Lawsuits against the government for people using trailcams? It would be the person running the camera that gets sued if the courts rule privacy was violated (ie: someone published a picture of someone dropping a #2)

I suppose cameras with zoom lenses and cameras attached to optics should be banned too as you could record someone from a mile away. Much more invasive than a can on a tree with a 15 yard range.

Not sure if it's the fever making me cranky or all the anti hunting BS flying around on HBC lately.

I love your posts and everything but none of what you said in this one passes any sort of factual or logical scrutiny.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 01-03-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    BC is behind the times on banning trailcams? How many states/provinces have actually banned them? More than 2? I heard North Korea banned free speech. I guess we are behind the times there too?

And privacy did the drone in? Then why is it still perfectly legal to fly drones around when one is not hunting?

Lawsuits against the government for people using trailcams? It would be the person running the camera that gets sued if the courts rule privacy was violated (ie: someone published a picture of someone dropping a #2)

I suppose cameras with zoom lenses and cameras attached to optics should be banned too as you could record someone from a mile away. Much more invasive than a can on a tree with a 15 yard range.

Not sure if it's the fever making me cranky or all the anti hunting BS flying around on HBC lately.

I love your posts and everything but none of what you said in this one passes any sort of factual or logical scrutiny.
    Seems I'm a pretty darn good fishermen.

Never thought of myself of much of a fishermen but I surprisingly catch a few everytime I cast the line out.
    Don’t have to be a pro fisherman

My grandpa told me as a kid pick what ever lure you want because there is always a few stupid fish in the lake for every stupid fishermen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

My grandpa told me as a kid pick what ever lure you want because there is always a few stupid fish in the lake for every stupid fishermen lol
    Hahaha!!! So very true!!!

Grouse tags are going up to 5 bucks a pop.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Seems I'm a pretty darn good fishermen.
    It's not particularly a tasteful troll (assuming that was actually the intent at the time you wrote it which I'd question in light of other posts) given the amount of anti-everything "hunters" among us that actually take that stance. It's not really doing us any favors. But sure, you got me. Good job.

It's not particularly a tasteful troll (assuming that was actually the intent at the time you wrote it which I'd question in light of other posts) given the amount of anti-everything "hunters" among us that actually take that stance. It's not really doing us any favors. But sure, you got me. Good job.
    Just need to read everyone else's responses to this thread. I was first and most got my humour.

Just need to read everyone else's responses to this thread. I was first and most got my humour.
    Fair I suppose. I just saw it quoted with Mr hawk cheering and went off without back checking.

Apology in order I suppose. Sorry dana. Anyone got some Tylenol and blood pressure pills?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

And effff you Wild One. I have been told I am pretty wise by fish standards... some species anyway!

And effff you Wild One. I have been told I am pretty wise by fish standards... some species anyway!
    What can I say my grandpa was an insensitive smarta$$ and I just might have inherited those genes lol

Its not my fault I was doomed at birth