Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Your Personal Best years???

Re: Your Personal Best years???

Every year I have hunted... each one brought a reward regardless of the size or score of each animal I harvested...

1982 was my first deer, then it's all a blur...

Deer, elk, goats, grizzly, blacks, yotes, cougars, mooses...grouse.. rabbits..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Every year has had some personal bests, to the year I helped a young fellow get his first bull elk, to the years I've grand slammed my moose, elk, 3 deer, a bear, and a couple of wolves all in one season. I'm trying to be a little more selective so I don't have to share so much of my wild game meat between the seasons.

They need to fix this dam picture issue and make it mandatory to post pictures, no?
    Tell it how it is!!!

Two best years. 1963 I shot my first mule deer.
    1991, moved to Vanderhoof didn't know the area at all, but managed to get my son his first moose, and a friend a moose on the same day. I took a region 6 mule deer and two region 4 white tails.
    Ah for the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by kevan View Post
    This has to be one of the most enjoyable threads, Thanks to all for making it so.
    I think my best year was 1964, started by getting my best Pronghorn Antelope and then my biggest Whitetail.
    The old deer had 9 points on one side and 7 on the other, having chipped two fighting.
    Tougher than boot leather but a beautiful rack..
    Threads here on HBC where everyone gets to share are definitely my favourite as well.
    It starts with an idea but the members carry the thread.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

early 80's through the 90's discovered the Alaska HYW and finally got out into country that hardly ever saw pressure,you would have had to be blind not to bring home meat
    Last edited by Takla; 01-10-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Best year was 1984. My 2 brothers and I used my old 1976 CJ5 Jeep to cross a river to get as far into the bush as we could get. Set up a tent camp and hunted from there on foot. No ATV's in those days. Got my first moose ever, and it was a nice one. Three weeks later, in a different wilderness area, got my first public land whitetail buck. Was stand hunting on a deer trail. I was the youngest out of the three of us, and the first to connect on moose and deer. VERY THRILLING!!!
    .375 H&H, .375 Ruger, .375 Weatherby - THE 3 KINGS!!!

Every year is a great year, this year was my sons first moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Interesting. I too got hammered by an angry mofo yellow jacket while elk hunting in the west Koots....but luckily he got me only 3 times and none were on my pecker. Ear neck and hand aren't near as sensitive
    Lol ya I always look around when taking a piss in the woods now....when my hunting partner was there and wondering wtf was going on when I was swearing and I told him, he had a tough time believing me but when I offered to whip it out to prove it he started laughing hysterically...

Gorgeous bull Yama and son!