Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Without knowledge of the arrangements for this "donated" hunt.

Many if not most donated hunts put up for auction actually have a percentage or fixed amount of the sale price dedicated to be paid back to the donor.
    I recall consulting with a chapter of the WSF as to which 'donated' hunts we were going to purchase for the auction....
    Often these hunts raise surprisingly little money for the cause, most of the sale goes to the 'donor'.

IMO, these kind of donations can be more about marketing and absorbing the reputation of the charity as opposed to truly being about supporting the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    When it comes to wildlife offences my bet is that G/O outfitter convictions are equal or a smaller percentage proportionally to all offenders, it's just that the G/O is more in the publics scrutiny.
    The main issue here isn't with Bryan being a G/O that poached and enabled poaching by another party.
    The biggest issue IMO, is a conservation organization allowing him to be associated with their cause. If convicted poachers like Bryan were shunned from the hunting community, regardless of their financial contribution, it would send a far more powerful message to others contemplating similar "activities". Much more so at least, than a "whopping" $5000 fine for a SECOND time offender. The fact that a conservation organization actually paid him money for his "product" is even more concerning.

Ive probably watched more resident hunters unload their gear on the float dock than the average guy on this forum and I can tell you one thing...a CO would have a full time job some days right there
    Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, but I'm sure most here are in agreement that the CO service is grossly under funded. Does kinda drive home the point that it's harder for poachers to be caught with the state of the CO service, though Bryan still got nabbed twice. Unlucky???

In my personal opinion I think it's absolute bullshit when someone floats another mans name out on a public forum and bad mouths him.
    If Bryan had only been alleged to have committed the offences, this thread would not even exist. Might suck for Bryan, but one of the consequences of committing crime, is that your name goes public when caught.

Why don't you post yours and we can scrutinize your reputation.
    Many here know my name and can feel free to run it through the link provided a few posts back. If I have any convictions or fines under the wildlife act, I give my consent to them being hung here. Same goes criminal offences.

if I was to end up on a hunt like this and were to find out my guide was a convicted poacher and had lied to co,s and falsified paperwork..ie not an honest mistake, I would be very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    gif upload

Nice "Callauge".....
    Sooner we realize, we have to all work TOGETHER, the sooner bc, wildlife will benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by yama49 View Post
    Sooner we realize, we have to all work TOGETHER, the sooner bc, wildlife will benefit.

Yup, resident hunters and poachers all have to pull together to get results for wildlife....

Pretty sure we tried working with the GOABC before too..... Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    So donations to a greasy foundation make it ok to bend the rules?
    Spade is a Spade, giving a donation doesn't change the past.
    Sounds like a classic case of greasing the wheels, create an image and make some alliances. Kind of like politics?
    Those are pretty strong Statement, what do you do to help wild sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Yup, resident hunters and poachers all have to pull together to get results for wildlife....

Pretty sure we tried working with the GOABC before too..... Just sayin'.

Hey i agree, i said together and i agree we got the short end of the stick. My comments have nothing to do with poaching

Hey i agree, i said together and i agree we got the short end of the stick. My comments have nothing to do with poaching
    You can see how your statement would be confusing, given the context of the conversation.
    I mean, we have members here alluding to the possibility that the hunt in question was purchased for the event. In my opinion that makes it WORSE.
    I mean, here we have the WSS not only providing advertising, but financially supporting a convicted poacher.
    To me that says that the WSS condones his actions. Or at the very least, the members that suggested it as prize condone it.

Its not like Martin hasn't been discussed a bunch on cgn, 24, outdoorsmen, AND here. 0.1 seconds with the google'r will bring the discussions up.....

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    You can see how your statement would be confusing, given the context of the conversation.
    I mean, we have members here alluding to the possibility that the hunt in question was purchased for the event. In my opinion that makes it WORSE.
    I mean, here we have the WSS not only providing advertising, but financially supporting a convicted poacher.
    To me that says that the WSS condones his actions. Or at the very least, the members that suggested it as prize condone it.

Its not like Martin hasn't been discussed a bunch on cgn, 24, outdoorsmen, AND here. 0.1 seconds with the google'r will bring the discussions up.....

First of all i quoted the picture RO posted, that pic had nothing to do with his OP.
    Second to throw every wss volunteer under the bus, with a greasy foundation comment, is really sad!!

Jmo

Absolutely. The more critters that residents can help put on the hillsides, the more foreigners can come blast. The allotment switcharoo sent a loud and clear message for anyone with "doubts" about that.

Wonder who's gonna be around to try and fix it when all the animals and MONEY is gone? Foreigners??