Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Re: Please tell me this isn't the POACHER Brian Martin....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    So if the guy living across the street from you steals from the guy living beside you, it's "okay", so long as he donates some of the "spoils" back to a "good" cause?
    Ya, like Robin Hood HA. Or a Marvel villain superhero, 'Marvel Martin'...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Life time member of the WSS it,s time to clean house and get rid of the old dogs and bring in some new blood that won,t put up with this BS

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    I've got a couple of questions;
    Was Bryan Martins hunt a donation to the WSSBC and the WSF to generate funds to go back into sheep?
    Has anyone that is being critical of the man given the WSSBC and the WSF as generous of a donation.
    Im sure there are some poachers and guys that have had wildlife charges contributing to this forum that are not outfitters.
    Quote Originally Posted by markathome View Post
    Bearvalley - you may want to edit your post. FYI: I have zero background or knowledge of Mr Martin and this forum is the first I'm learning of this situation - so let's take him or his history out of the question for arguments sake.

Your last two lines read like you're ok with wildlife infractions as long as they are justified with a financial contribution. That's something out of the Crusty Clark playbook. Maybe you should clarify your position, because it looks bad right now.
    Lets be clear on one thing....I do not support anyone who wracks up wildlife infractions.
    Bryan Martins past record of wildlife charges has been beat to death here and on other forums.
    Im probably as aware or more aware of his history as any poster on here.

The OP posted a picture of a hunt being auctioned at the WSSBC fundraiser.
    Usually these hunts that are to be auctioned are donated by the outfitter to generate funds to be used for the good of wildlife.
    I recieved a PM that stated that the WSSBC purchased this hunt from Bryan Martin.
    That completely changes the big picture as far as I'm concerned.

It seems that "hunting Saints" on HBC seem to get pretty righteous when an outfitter crosses the line and I agree an outfitter should know the rules better and keep his nose cleaner than the average resident hunter.
    There are bad eggs in both camps....do I need to be clearer.

Well put bearvalley.

How common is it for G/O's to be convicted of wildlife offences?
    Most of their operations are far from the public eye and CO'S are too grossly underfunded to be babysitting.

Long way of saying, if Bryan was busted not once, but twice(that I'm aware of), how many other infractions did he get away with?

The guy is CULL, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    How common is it for G/O's to be convicted of wildlife offences?
    Most of their operations are far from the public eye and CO'S are too grossly underfunded to be babysitting.

Long way of saying, if Bryan was busted not once, but twice(that I'm aware of), how many other infractions did he get away with?

The guy is CULL, pure and simple.
    RiverOtter, you seem to be the most vocal "Saint" of the pack in this thread so that's why I'm addressing this to you.
    When it comes to wildlife offences my bet is that G/O outfitter convictions are equal or a smaller percentage proportionally to all offenders, it's just that the G/O is more in the publics scrutiny.
    Ive probably watched more resident hunters unload their gear on the float dock than the average guy on this forum and I can tell you one thing...a CO would have a full time job some days right there.
    In my personal opinion I think it's absolute bullshit when someone floats another mans name out on a public forum and bad mouths him.
    Why don't you post yours and we can scrutinize your reputation.

It is important for all residents of BC to know what kind of characters are representing the various conservation organizations in BC .And the fact that the WSSBC leadership engages with convicted poachers speaks volumes .Clearly Time for a change in that organization .
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I guess it is time to BUCK up! there are a lot of good people helping keep sheep on the mountain thanks to the WSSBC.

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I guess it is time to BUCK up! there are a lot of good people helping keep sheep on the mountain thanks to the WSSBC.
    Haha....LMAO!
    The biggest mouth pieces out there won't "BUCK"up a dime.
    They'd rather just bitch and moan on here.
    My hats off to the WSSBC and WSF for the work they do for sheep.

If wssbc is aware of his past then it's very poor judgment.