Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bent cam

Re: bent cam

Hub also has a bow technician. Cams are not weight specific, limbs are. You will need to get everything checked though. Where you bought if from should have the sale on file. Talk to G5 and see what they will do first. Could be waranty, especially if it was caused by a factory speed nock

For all I know I could have not knocked my arrow, it all happened so fast haha. Big game archery only opened saterdays and I was hoping get it done sooner, I might try hub.
    So are cams universal ? Is this whole thing above my head? Haha I think this May be one of those times I have to leave it all to a professional

Definitely get it done professionally. Not sure about that particular bow but most need a press just to do any of that type of work. You will need the proper cam for that make/model, they are not universal between brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    Buy a new cam on-line. Ditto the string and cable set. Take the whole works to a competent shop. Have them examine the axles, bearings and limbs while the bow is tore down.

Don't try to straighten a bent cam. Unless you know you are doing, don't try to salvage suspect parts. You only have to have one bow blow up in your hands and face to make you realize it's not worth it.

There is no way to increase the weight past what the bow can withstand. Unless a previous owner installed the wrong string or one with a lower strand count than called for.

Was not suggesting to fix a cam at home, but a reputable shop will be able the press a very mildly bent cam back to workable as long as there are no cracks or stress marks. It can also be dificult to buy parts online, bow tech for example only sells parts to dealers.

Also generally speaking you are best to go to an archery specific shop rather than a box store type outdoors store unless you know for sure they have an very experienced archery staff.

Perhaps the arrows are underspined, and are not stiff enough that the bow is being "dry fired"?

just a though
    "Animal rights" activists believe that animals have rights similar to those found in the charter of rights. I have yet to see a pack of wolves be targeted by such activists for taking down their dinner by the ankles.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll just have to what til saterday when big game is open and bring it there.

brought bow to big game archery, was qouted 400+tax for cam, cables, string, peep and labour. on ebay i can get a bare bow for 375, problem is its a 50-60 and i have a 60-70 lb bow. if its the limbs that dicatate draw weight could i buy a 60 lb bow and switch my limbs over for a 70lb draw? or they also have a left hand torrent in 70lb for $375, could i buy that and switch my RH riser onto it? i hope im being clear enough. any suggestions?

Pm sent.... you need the right hand model as the left hand cams are different

Contact Prime and tell them what happened. They might cover parts.