Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannery or Taxidermist for Wolf hat?

Tannery or Taxidermist for Wolf hat?

What would I go to a Taxidermist or Tannery if I wanted a hat made out of the hide from a Wolf?

Also if anyone has a recommendation of a place that does this kind of work and good quality I am in the LWL/Fraser Valley let me know thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tannery or Taxidermist for Wolf hat?

Look up the Black Powder Club in your area, go to one of their rendezvous and ask around, lots of very crafty folk there that are always willing to give a hand in projects like this.
    MM

If you're a facebooker try the bc trappers association. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

You want to have the wolf face and tail on the hat, don't be shy look up your local Black Powder Club, lots of crafty guys make their own "skins" to reenact the days of the trapper, I know I've done it, just not in the game anymore.
    MM

hmm there is a EXELLENT store in RED DEER ALBERTA we have used.nothing they cant do

Sissons Furs
    5013 -50th street
    Red Deer Alberta
    T4N1Y2
    403-346-2291
    CHEERS
    Steven

ps.they are a furrier not a crafts store they professionally turn animal skins into finished coats..mits..HATS...I have a Canada Goose coat with coyote ruff...I would go to Sissons Furs...Susans fur hat was incredibly well repaired by Sissons Furs...
    SOME crafts stores make the finished hats kind of amaturish...goolish...laughable...where as a fur shop will produce a hat you actually would wear proudly...my .02
    Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 12-20-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOSE MILK View Post
    Look up the Black Powder Club in your area, go to one of their rendezvous and ask around, lots of very crafty folk there that are always willing to give a hand in projects like this.
    MM
    Thanks MM, I called them no answer left a message. Going to follow up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    If you're a facebooker try the bc trappers association. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Noo fakebook or any social media, but i'll give em a call good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm there is a EXELLENT store in RED DEER ALBERTA we have used.nothing they cant do

Sissons Furs
    5013 -50th street
    Red Deer Alberta
    T4N1Y2
    403-346-2291
    CHEERS
    Steven

ps.they are a furrier not a crafts store they professionally turn animal skins into finished coats..mits..HATS...I have a Canada Goose coat with coyote ruff...I would go to Sissons Furs...Susans fur hat was incredibly well repaired by Sissons Furs...
    SOME crafts stores make the finished hats kind of amaturish...goolish...laughable...where as a fur shop will produce a hat you actually would wear proudly...my .02
    Steven
    Awesome thanks Steven! I'll give em a call, I would probably have to see about how to ship em the cape unless I wait until I go to visit family out there in Spring or Summer. But this is exactly what i'm looking for ideally would like to have the snout pointing out over my head and the ears stiff up would be cool!

Jeremia Johnson you are welcome .if your going to wear it...be proud of your wolf hat.. it IS GOING TO BE ON YOUR HEAD ...easily seen and hence must be done correctly...cool project.
    having been in their store numerous times..looking at coats....gloves...hats...their work is professional and impressive.....Susans fur hat was impeccably restored.

i had a fellow Paramedic that had a coyote skin tanned and a local amateur made him a coyote hat..truly embarrassing looked like a mad squirrel taking a dump....

everyone smirked or broke out laughing...NOT what you desire..its YOUR wolf pelt.
    Sissons also has a website.

good luck..let us see the finished hat..I know you will be proud.
    merry christmas
    Steven
    we have actually shipped Susans fur hat to..and FROM Sissons..DHL?
    Last edited by srupp; 12-20-2022 at 06:08 PM.