Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Re: Breaking news ... Grizzly bear hunt demise

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine View Post
    I support hunting and always have, I have never said otherwise. When conservation management science supports hunting there is no reason to not support hunting.
    Question answered to your satisfaction Ourea ..... ?
    Everyone happy with Jassmine's answer ..... ?
    Let's move forward.

I support hunting and always have, I have never said otherwise. When conservation management science supports hunting there is no reason to not support hunting.

So... ?

Since you are all powerful and to be obeyed at all times, might as well set the example.
    I am not all powerful and to be obeyed at all times....where the f*ck do come up with that?
    You are the most evasive person on this site without a doubt.
    You operate behind a vale.

And Ace ....question answered to my satisfaction.....not even close!!!
    She/he has been asked endless direct questions to which she/he ignores only to platform and focus on her/his sweet spot again and again.

Never in my business career, or in life, have I met anyone THAT HIDES WHEN THEY ARE SO OUT SPOKEN ABOUT THEIR POSITION AND TRYING TO INFLUENCE OTHERS.

If jassmine wants to gain a single ounce of credibility she needs to step up about who she is, her contribution to the hunting community, her efforts that support our sport and who she/his is.
    Jassmine has answered only two or three general questions out of dozens......and in a soft way.
    "I hunt".....that answers everything LMAO.

If and when Jassmine answers the endless questions, from numerous members, in a direct fashion I will cut her/him no slack.
    Give me her/his real name and we can qualify this person in a heart beat.
    If she is so committed to her expert opinion and education she/he should not hesitate to share that information.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

So I guess this will not be happening then:

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    You keep hammering nails into your own coffin in my opinion.

Salty, if an individual endlessly debates topics that lean to science not supporting hunting as part of the model
    Show me the evidence of where I ever said or defended science as not supporting hunting. You have continuously failed to do so because it doesn't exist.
    So... ?

Just answer questions when asked.
    Since you are all powerful and to be obeyed at all times, might as well set the example.

I am not all powerful and to be obeyed at all times....where the f*ck do come up with that?
    You operate behind a vale.
    vale=veil

But you certainly sound like it when:

You demand that only your questions be answered even when they have nothing to do with the topic I've posted about. And also even when you never support any of your positions against me with any evidence.
    Just answer questions when asked.
    You are the only arbiter of what type of hunting is of value in the hunting community

You say you hunt a ton.
    Bunnies, LMAO
    You can decide that calling people names is mature and accuse people of

Jissim,
    Very mature and thank you.
    You believe that science is full of talkers, and that justifying opinions and perspectives with scientific article or actual data is not worthy

The talkers never shut up long enough to get anything of importance done as they endlessly discuss useless trivia and are always trying to justify their opinions and perspective.
    That's where I come up with, through you believing that only your opinion is of any value.

The End...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Question answered to your satisfaction Ourea ..... ?
    Everyone happy with Jassmine's answer ..... ?
    Let's move forward.
    Agreed.
    Papers and research like these below should regionalized so that the value of hunting can be fully demonstrated:

Loveridge, A. J., Reynolds, J. C., & Milner-Gulland, E. J. (2007). Does sport hunting benefit conservation. Key topics in conservation biology, 1, 222.
    Lewis, D., & Jackson, J. (2005). Safari hunting and conservation on communal land in southern Africa. CONSERVATION BIOLOGY SERIES-CAMBRIDGE-, 9, 239.
    Lindsey, P. A., Frank, L. G., Alexander, R., Mathieson, A., & Romanach, S. S. (2007). Trophy hunting and conservation in Africa: problems and one potential solution. Conservation biology, 21(3), 880-883.
    Lewis, D. M., & Alpert, P. (1997). Trophy hunting and wildlife conservation in Zambia. Conservation Biology, 11(1), 59-68.In an environment with more funding for wildlife management and research, more accurate data on the value of conservation to society and the ecosystem can be developed further supporting the need to maintain hunting for species with sustainable populations. And further the importance of rehabilitating species with low populations too!

Does BCWF fund any researchers, partner with any on the ground research or sponsor any studies?
    Might be good to help direct research towards issues and projects that would benefit hunting.

guest Guest

Does BCWF fund any researchers, partner with any on the ground research or sponsor any studies?
    Might be good to help direct research towards issues and projects that would benefit hunting.
    wow really? Duh. Calling yourself a hunter, yet not knowing what the largest group of conservationists do for projects and wildlife ...... As said ..... Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    "What needs to be firmly put forth is that we will not accept emotion based wildlife management."

I agree, but the questions are 1) to whom do we put this forth and 2) how do we do it?

Anyone reading between the lines knows that at least a partial answer to #1 is talk to MLAs, which I'm doing and which I encourage others to do. As for who else goes on that list I think we need to be careful. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. We need to keep that in mind as we try to figure out the nuts and bolts. We need to pick our battles so that we don't come across as chronic bitchers who want to fight with everyone and never win a single battle.

In regard to #2 we need to ask ourselves some hard questions, largely focusing on opponents' objections and use that to figure out the best responses.

You have to give the government credit: they've been (at least in my eyes) completely transparent about why they did this. It's a political payoff to people who look at wildlife issues emotionally. As it's been explained to me the idea is that:

1) science says the hunt is sustainable, so science can't be used to argue for a ban (this is true);
    2) science says (according to NDPers I've spoken with) that the existence or non-existence of the hunt will not effect g-bear pops either way (I don't know if that is true, and it's not quite the same as 1) );
    3) science does not say that the hunt is required to manage g-bears (this is the most controversial part, so hold it a bit), so banning it is no big deal.

If 1-3 are true, according to NDP logic, there's no reason to not allow urban voters who have an emotional opinion enforce that opinion on others.
    (BTW, I don't agree with the NDP logic - I just understand the sounds coming out of their mouths).

A simple and logical counter offensive would be to show that the hunt is a scientifically required management tool. We all have opinions on this and can cite common sense, but can people more knowledgeable than me point me to science that says we need to have a hunt to manage the bears?

Remember, this isn't a one size fits all. Science isn't the same everywhere. I know an Alaska study exists indicating that g-bears kill many ungulates, and I know a study n the Flathead did not indicate that g-bears were hammering calves and fawns. I *have heard* that before California outlawed cougar hunting about 250 cougars were killed per year by hunters. Now? About 250 are killed by paid state hunters. (I can see a situation where we don't kill any g-bears through a public hunt but all sorts of other non-hunter human caused death occurs, including increased CO killings of problem bears).

There are other counter arguments, and we'll get there, but for now can people point me to science that says the hunt is a required management tool?
    One question to ask anti hunters from a logical, science based, ideology is: how do you hunt every big game animal, and not hunt the apex predator? This can be, "your in" to describing the aspects of wildlife management, that has been occurring for close to 100 years give or take..

This leads me to thinking, all hunters need a platform to back up their argument, in an educated fashion...

We need to develop this platform for all to download in a 1-2 page format, that all can learn from memory? Just thinking out loud after a long tiring day...

Life is plural, reach as many people as you can, with as many approaches that make sense..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I think we need to talk to people about why we hunt. Reciting fact about science and sustainable populations is all well and good, but for me it sounds a bit contrived. If you are speaking from the heart about why you are passionate about hunting then that passion just flows and it is easily to talk about why hunting is important.
    For me, I want to hunt to feed my family healthy, sustainable and happy food that I harvested with my own two hands. I want to teach my children and their children to do the same for themselves. This is a life skill that can not be learned by heading to the grocery store and ignoring where that slab of meat came from. As a hunter you are providing for yourself. You are not asking for anyone to do it for you. We have a right to provide for ourselves and no political party or evironmental activist can take that away from us. We have to tell people that we want to keep these rights. We have to encourage others to do the same. To provide for themselves and not just sit there and wait for the grocery store to provide.
    Hunting in BC needs role models like Steven Rinella and Hank Shaw that are hunters that hunt to eat and to provide for their families. These guys talk about cooking and eating as much or more than they do about the actual hunt. They share recipes and spread the word about how tasty and healthy wild game actually is. We need to talk to people about this aspect of hunting more. We need to redirect the focus away for the act of killing and towards the act of feeding ourselves and others.
    To me it is as simple as that. No one should be telling another how they can and can't feed their family.

Regards,
    Chad
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 08-23-2017 at 09:35 PM.