Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite waterfowl shells?

Re: Favorite waterfowl shells?

My "Ol Precious" 870 does not appreciate Blackclouds in the least. Jam, jam, jam. It's favorite is Fed Premium, but it doesn't mind Xperts and is happy with either 2 3/4" or 3". Have used Kents, and Ol Precious was not really impressed but will submit to occasional chambering of them. For ducks we use #2 for geese BB.

I have been using Fed's and Win's for that last couple of season's. My gun for what ever reason don't care for Kent and Rem. Primers are set a hair deeper. I like #2's for Mallard I use #4's for shooting divers. I use anything from 2's to BBB for geese. I have to admit BBB are my favorite though. Are they needed probably not but I still like them. I also shoot a wad wizard on my SBE2.

I might try Remington Sportsman HiSpeed Steel. Has anybody tried them?
    Hooked on quack.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNHookSports View Post
    I might try Remington Sportsman HiSpeed Steel. Has anybody tried them?
    I shot the pre-hi speeds 10+ years ago, good shells, i'd say the same league as blended's

Xperts and Fed Premium work well but most experienced shooters will find an edge with Kent or Black Cloud. Any of the flight control wad shells (BC, blindside etc) will get mixed reviews because they don't work well with some chokes but if you spend the extra 50-100 bucks for a proper choke you'll see the difference. I think Kents are best all around but if it's a reach out and touch em kind of day, I throw in the BC extended range tube from patternmaster and lay the hurt on.

If gimmicK shells are needed to reach out then plain and simple you are shootin to far. I jouned the blended revolution last year thanks to CF, FM, and FG to name a few of its ambassadors I had a very sucessful season. Bring them in closer chaps you are not using AA canons.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

I like Imperial 23/4 #5 for ducks and Imperial 23/4 #2 for Geese.
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06 View Post
    I like Imperial 23/4 #5 for ducks and Imperial 23/4 #2 for Geese.
    Now there's a blast from the past, no pun intended! It was pretty tough to beat the old Dynawads that's for sure. K

I murdered a pile of teal back in the day with #4 Canucks probably not the best shell but a pile of memories
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.