Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone glacier

Stone glacier

Well I purchased one of those Alps commander packs but just can't get it to fit me properly.

So I took the plunge and purchased a Stone glacier sky 5900 pack with their xcurve frame. I was looking at the Exo k3 but after exchange and shipping and taxes it was too much money in my eyes.

Thanks precision optics for helping me out

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stone glacier

Has anyone put any stone glacier packs to the test out in the field

I tried the exact bag you have now. I liked it quite a bit but couldn’t get the hip belt to hug the way my Kifaru does. They’re fancy and pretty to look at and I think of it when I see posts. But that hip belt didn’t work with my 31” waist. I bought my Kifaru through Omer as well, best dealer I’ve ever dealt with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HankBC View Post
    I tried the exact bag you have now. I liked it quite a bit but couldn’t get the hip belt to hug the way my Kifaru does. They’re fancy and pretty to look at and I think of it when I see posts. But that hip belt didn’t work with my 31” waist. I bought my Kifaru through Omer as well, best dealer I’ve ever dealt with!!!
    Wow small waist I'm a 36 I should be fine LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Has anyone put any stone glacier packs to the test out in the field
    Mine has packed out 5 mule deer and at least 1 sheep and buck by the guy that I bought it from.

My last buck packout with all my gear was 120lbs. And I carried that sumbitch for several hours not a 200 yard trip to the truck. Pack is built tough. It works fine.

Of course not all packs fit all bodies ... but it works for me. Mine is the older crux frame and sky archer bag (6200?)

Mine is a 5900 on the Xcurve frame. Fits me way better than the Krux, carries a load very well, certainly the pack would carry more than I’m willing to put on my back. They are bulletproof.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I’ve had the Sky Talus 6900 for two seasons and used it on two stone’s trips. Packed out a good ram on the second trip. Can’t say enough good things about it. Very comfortable and lighter than any of the competitors bags. Depending on what you are using it for, I’d suggest 6900 if your wanting it for 10 day mountain trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I’ve had the Sky Talus 6900 for two seasons and used it on two stone’s trips. Packed out a good ram on the second trip. Can’t say enough good things about it. Very comfortable and lighter than any of the competitors bags. Depending on what you are using it for, I’d suggest 6900 if your wanting it for 10 day mountain trips.
    Maybe 7-Day Max mostly weekend and daypacks

I’m running the same setup, and love it so far. I took it on its first extended Mtn trip last weekend (ascent of Mt. Rainier) and it carried weight super well all day. Hopefully can load it with a sheep next month, but so far I’ve had it fit me way better than I ever got my kifaru to fit.

I Had the stone glacier 7400 sold it, did not fit me very well, now have the exo mountain gear 5500 and like it, fits me great, so far lots of hiking and no issues.