Thread: arcteryx jacket repairs

arcteryx jacket repairs

So i have an Arcteryx jacket i have been wearing for many years. Never used it for bush wacking so the thing is in pristine condition. No rips, stains, tears ..... yet, Arcteryx refuses to fix it.
    Despite the jacket being in great condition they have deemed the "lifetime of the product" has expired. What a complete sham these "not your lifetime, but lifetime of the product" warranties are, since determining the lifetime is always up to their discretion.

Anyways, the jacket is delaminating in a couple of spots. Arcteryx basically glues certain panels on the jacket instead of stitching and some of that has come undone. One of the pit zips is completely come off and there is a huge hole there now as a result. Definitely has to get fixed.

My options are:

1. Let arcteryx keep my jacket and take their 50% off deal for a new one
    2. Repair the jacket somewhere that can handle laminate repairs.
    3. Repair it myself with seam sealer

Does anyone know who repairs higher end garments like Arcteryx? Anyone performed their own repair on delaminated pieces?

To be honest, i like this jacket more than anything i can buy for $300 (which would be about 50% off of their retail price), and i'm not really eager to spend $300 on a new jacket as i don't wear a rain shell that often.
    This isn't my jacket, but shows what i'm talking about:

2. Site Sponsor

Re: arcteryx jacket repairs

They tried the same shit with me I raised hell and they eventually gave in. I have now switched to outdoor research they honor there warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    They tried the same shit with me I raised hell and they eventually gave in. I have now switched to outdoor research they honor there warranty
    how old was your jacket? My jacket was bought in 2005, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that its in pristine condition as far as wear-and-tear goes .... which as far as i'm concerned should be the only lifetime measure for a jacket with lifetime warranty.

Arxteryx gave me a new jacket the first time. I have to send the second jacket for repair ... I am curious to see what their response will be this time.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    how old was your jacket? My jacket was bought in 2005, but they refuse to acknowledge the fact that its in pristine condition as far as wear-and-tear goes .... which as far as i'm concerned should be the only lifetime measure for a jacket with lifetime warranty.
    Most recent was a 4 year old pair of ski pants that completely fell apart. They tried the same %50 discount crap so I told them I wanted my pants back so I could post pictures online. They suddenly couldn't find them and magically I got a new pair in the mail.

I'd demand a new pair. I'd personally have no issue eating the loss and having to buy a new product from a different manufacturer if they didn't want to honor their warranty. Having to fight for something to be covered under a lifetime warranty is BS, especially when the product is marketed to be a top shelf, high end garment manufacturer. I can see if you abused the product, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I'd demand a new pair. I'd personally have no issue eating the loss and having to buy a new product from a different manufacturer if they didn't want to honor their warranty. Having to fight for something to be covered under a lifetime warranty is BS, especially when the product is marketed to be a top shelf, high end garment manufacturer. I can see if you abused the product, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks for the heads up though.
    I'm with you. No way would I buy a new piece at 50%. My wife recently had her 10 yr old marmont shell delaminate. They didnt hesitate replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Most recent was a 4 year old pair of ski pants that completely fell apart. They tried the same %50 discount crap so I told them I wanted my pants back so I could post pictures online. They suddenly couldn't find them and magically I got a new pair in the mail.
    I emailed a couple hours ago wanting it back. I didnt think to mention blasting them on Instagram for it though ... I totally will.

I still believe they make some fantastic gear, but if you're gonna claim lifetime warranty and then refuse to repair an obviously not abused garment, then FU and your warranty.